New data suggests Hillary won white male/female millennials. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:58:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  New data suggests Hillary won white male/female millennials. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New data suggests Hillary won white male/female millennials.  (Read 12883 times)
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: March 09, 2017, 02:37:06 AM »

Are you guys trolling with the "gen z are nazis" thing or are you serious?Huh

I'm not really trolling. I'm close enough to almost being Gen Z (born in 96')

Here's some signs:
http://hispanicheritage.org/50000-generation-z-high-school-students-identify-republican/
http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/poll-trump-dominates-with-generation-z/

Now it's entirely possible these kids are conservative because they love the Tea Party, Paul Ryan, and George W. Bush...but we all know that's not the reason why they're conservative. A decent chunk of them are just adopting their parents beliefs but the rest are into the whole alt right crowd to one extent or another. Maybe it's just the softer aspects of nationalism and right wing populism that they like, but a decent chunk are probably super racist from having spent too much time on the more racist and edgy parts of the web.

They've completely shifted the dialogue on internet comment sections. Conservatives use to just be old fuddy duddies repeating Tea Party talking points and they were in the minority. Now the majority consensus is that right wing populism is normal and standard. All other opinions that are even slightly more left wing are deemed to have come from cucks.

Lifegazette is a legit fake news site run by a Fox News anchor and that second poll had half of the kids saying "I wouldn't vote in this election" making it hard to come to a conclusion other than young kids dont know much about politics or havent formed an opinion yet.

The poll says Trump won 48% of the white vote but lost all other minorities by large margins. Only problem with that is, Generation Z is by some estimates 50% made up of minorities like blacks, Asians, Hispanics.

If the best Trump could do was 48% of the Gen Z white vote in a demographic cohort in which half the kids are minorities then the GOP is done unless some radical shift happens in how the GOP is run.

I'm a millennial and I've never met a Gen Zer who didn't seem off the charts Liberal and some of the few Gen Z Republicans I know couldnt care less about which bathroom a trans person uses or if someone is gay

Fair enough. Although my limited experiences with teenage white kids in the Orange County suburbs backs up what I've read. They're anti SJW, anti PC, like Trump (or at the very least his rhetoric) and think being edgy and telling racist jokes is cool.

The fact that this generation will be incredibly diverse is both a good and bad thing. It's good because it'll keep the generation from being too Republican, but it's bad because if this kind of rhetoric begins to heat up this generation will start voting strongly on racial/ethnic lines. Racial dialogue will become increasingly partisan with these kids.

I support this notion. Trumpsim and alt-rightism has become quite the thing with some of my white male friends from high school (and a few PoC friends even). Meanwhile of the business GOPers and fiscially conservative Dems I know most of them are actually Indian-Americans.

This is the main reason why I'm skeptical that your TL, where Dems attract the WWC by focusing on economic issues, will ever coming to pass. It can happen, but the continuing trends of party lines being defined by culture and race, not economics, suggest otherwise. This will only continue to get worse as America becomes more majority-minority and many white males perceive that their relative standing in society declines.  

The Internet, with its normalization of racial "jokes" (and by "jokes" I mean "memes that build up in cancerousness as they suck young white males into the rabbit hole of hate") and its amplification of the voices of the alt-right, has made things worse. Gone were the days when the Internet was a liberal domain. Today it is a conservative one, and a racially conservative one at that.

I fear a future where racist and xenophobic whites, even if they can't match other blocs in terms of sheer numbers, will form a dangerous and destabilizing element in our society, and that America's original sin of racism will be the force that spells the doom of the great American experiment.

I hope this doesn't happen, either by Trump sinking to GWB levels of unpopularity or a miracle politician (like your Cordary) providing an alternative message, a politician who speaks to those who would otherwise fall to the forces of the alt-right. But I'm not holding my breath.

So social media is the doom of civilization. Why am I not surprised?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies