This Isn't Protectionism Act [FAIL'D] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:34:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  This Isn't Protectionism Act [FAIL'D] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: This Isn't Protectionism Act [FAIL'D]  (Read 4065 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 22, 2010, 09:45:10 PM »

Hang on, hang on people. Yes, in its one sentence form the bill is undoubtedly, a tad lacking lets say.

Still, the theory and sentiment behind the bill is spot on. Lets work on it (you too, Mr. VP MB) before immediately and summarily relegating it to the trash can.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 12:26:08 PM »

Hang on, hang on people. Yes, in its one sentence form the bill is undoubtedly, a tad lacking lets say.

Still, the theory and sentiment behind the bill is spot on. Lets work on it (you too, Mr. VP MB) before immediately and summarily relegating it to the trash can.

Hmph. I don't really know what to change to make it more likable to this predominantly right wing Senate. Tongue

Be nice, Blue. Wink

That said, while I think a measure reasonably limiting or discouraging offshoring jobs would pass the Senate, this would need a great deal of language added to address the legitimate issues BK raises. If anyone wants to essentially rewrite the bill from its current one sentence form as an amendment, I'm open to it. Otherwise maybe such a proposal should be introduced as an alltogether separate bill.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 12:21:14 PM »

I've heard nothing.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 05:57:38 PM »

abstain