Temporary Headquarters of the Labor Party (Leadership election) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:31:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Temporary Headquarters of the Labor Party (Leadership election) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Temporary Headquarters of the Labor Party (Leadership election)  (Read 21659 times)
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« on: April 05, 2018, 11:53:04 PM »

I wonder if this is not pretty much the same situation in practical terms that emerged with the end of the United Alternative last year. True, the vote says "merge" instead of "dissolution", but merge would imply two parties giving consent and forming an altogether new party through their union (and all that there is at the moment is a unilateral decision by Labor).

In that sense, this would mean the Labor Party is gone and not even the zombies will remain "Laborites", meaning all 28 registered Laborites are independents.

At least that's how I understand the issue.

I'm no expert, but that sounds accurate. The way you describe an actual merg is how the Federalist party was formed, as a merger between the Whig party and the Imperial Bloc.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 06:51:58 PM »

More like a party deciding to close and join another.

Wait hold on. So the PUP could just vote to join us and it be so when we never vote to allow that?

That can't be legal.
Everybody in PUP can just re-register as a Fed and it would be legal without the party agreeing to it. So I don't see what's illegal about it.

This is an objectively good idea and PUP should definitely do it.
Sadly, I believe this was outlawed under the RINOTom Memorial Coherent Party Identity Act of 2016.
What is outlawed? Too many people switching registration at once? Huh
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 08:02:53 PM »

More like a party deciding to close and join another.

Wait hold on. So the PUP could just vote to join us and it be so when we never vote to allow that?

That can't be legal.
Everybody in PUP can just re-register as a Fed and it would be legal without the party agreeing to it. So I don't see what's illegal about it.

This is an objectively good idea and PUP should definitely do it.
Sadly, I believe this was outlawed under the RINOTom Memorial Coherent Party Identity Act of 2016.
What is outlawed? Too many people switching registration at once? Huh
(It's a joke about a certain R-IL's distaste for the "parties switched" theory. Tongue)

Oh, derp, my bad. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies