medical malpractice caps (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:52:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  medical malpractice caps (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: medical malpractice caps  (Read 13202 times)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« on: May 15, 2004, 11:48:27 PM »

I would probably side with Bush on the issue of Malpractice caps.  If I remember right, Bush would prefer to eliminate malpractice suits altogether, which I don't agree with.

People should be compensated if they got the wrong leg amputated, but doctors shouldn't live in constant fear.  Seriously curb it without eliminating it would be my position.  Lawyers are getting waaay too powerful.

If it came out to be a factor in the election?  Not sure.  I think the support for malpractice lawsuits is pretty evenly distributed along party and ideological lines, so it wouldn't have that much of an effect.  Either candidate could potentially do well with it if they could tell the right story.  Kerry would run an ad about how poor Richard Gephardt had the right lobe of his brain removed when he just came in for a cough.  Bush would run an ad about how the doctor who was supposed to operate on Dick Cheney and save his life was forced out of business due to a lawsuit for accidently leaving a scar while operating on a big toe of a lawyer.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 01:02:06 AM »

1.  I'll be the first to admit I'm not very informed about Bush's statements on malpractice, my mistake.

2.  Exactly.

3.  My examples were exaggerated and sarcastic.  And it would be important for whatever candidate who was using the issue to mention local examples in his speech on the matter and if he were to run ads, make them local specific and include local examples again.

The reason why Davis won in the first place was because enough people preferred a scumbag over a slimeball.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 07:52:55 PM »

Lawyers/Law Firms give  69% of their donations to Democrats  and 31% to Republicans.  Health Professionals are the opposite (33-66).

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies