Ed Schultz: "Republican Politices led Detroit to become a Conservative Utopia" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:12:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ed Schultz: "Republican Politices led Detroit to become a Conservative Utopia" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ed Schultz: "Republican Politices led Detroit to become a Conservative Utopia"  (Read 2025 times)
Link
« on: July 24, 2013, 03:22:36 PM »

There are no Republicans in Detroit. MSNBC has proven themselves worthless once again.

Detroit did not go bankrupt solely because of what was going on within it's city limits.  Are you smoking something?

I didn't see or hear what Schultz said but I assume he was referring to outsourcing, imports, and the ever increasing pay disparity.  The problem is complex and I can't just blame Republican policies for it but that is a million times more reasonable than claiming all the causes exist in the city limits of Detroit.
Link
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 03:52:54 PM »

The most important factors behind the city's decline - including sprawl, residential segregation, and extremely high inequality, just to name a few - are the result of policies favored by mainstream Republicans and Democrats across the country.

And the elephant in the room.  The decline of the US auto industry which itself had many causes that were quite external to the city.

Even an enlightened and far-sighted despot subject to no political constraints could not have saved the city.

This.  EVERY city is corrupt.  A lot of things like cities and even companies survive in spite of themselves.  Not because some glorious genius is at the wheel.  Look at Texas.  Remeber how certain blue avatars told us about the "Texas Miracle"?  What happened when we scrutinized the "miracle" worker?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies