Mid-decade Redistricting (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:38:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Mid-decade Redistricting (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mid-decade Redistricting  (Read 3030 times)
muon2
Atlas Icon

« on: November 10, 2012, 05:57:41 PM »

I'm especially interested to see if Arkansas can do this, now that it looks as if Republicans will control both chambers for the first time since Reconstruction.  Can they redistrict both chambers to shore up their majorities next year, or will they have to wait until after the 2020 census?   

Mike Beebe is still the governor and a Democratic comeback seems pretty unlikely anyway.
I am more curious about states with court-drawn maps where one of the parties has now captured the trifecta: New York, Colorado, Minnesota. Can and will they follow the steps of Texas and Georgia from the past decade?

I highly, highly doubt it for Colorado and Minnesota, and I guarantee Senate Democrats will not be able to accomplish anything at all in NY. They're New York State Senate Democrats.

Both CO and MN have constitutional language authorizing redistricting only immediately following the census.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies