Melbourne #1 again, " a springboard for an Olympic bid" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:01:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Melbourne #1 again, " a springboard for an Olympic bid" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Melbourne #1 again, " a springboard for an Olympic bid"  (Read 1395 times)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« on: August 14, 2012, 09:49:48 AM »

Of course not. These lists tend to penalize cities with large non-white/Asian populations.

Have you been to Vancouver or Toronto?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 05:16:26 PM »

Im confused... but yes Vancouver has a high East Asian and South Asian population. But what does that leave in terms of visible minorities? Blacks and Hispanics? Toronto has a sizable Black population, but not to the degree of most US cities. But, I don't see the difference between Asians and Blacks/Hispanics. They can be just as ghetthoized here in Canada (OK, not to the same extent, but that's one of the reasons the US cities are so low...)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 09:53:51 PM »

I'm pretty sure bgwah means non-[white/Asian], not [non-white]/Asian.

I thought it was pretty obvious... But I guess when you have some inferiority complex you get mad without really thinking about things too much.

I was trying to figure out what you meant, and thought I may be wrong, but it's besides the point. While Vancouver and Toronto have wealthy Asians, they also have poor Asians too. Chinatown in Vancouver is in the infamous Downtown East Side, which happens to be the poorest neighbourhood in Canada. As for South Asians, they tend to be in North Surrey which is a fairly poor area as well.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies