SENATE BILL: Drug Addiction Treatment Services (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:11:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Drug Addiction Treatment Services (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Drug Addiction Treatment Services (Passed)  (Read 1415 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: February 17, 2021, 06:32:15 AM »

I mean, I am sure we have passed some other drug addiction treatment services bills in the past but I guess one more can't hurt Tongue

Though perhaps we could include an amendment to make sure that this doesn't overlap with any other similar services.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 12:07:23 PM »

From a quick read I think the bill would be ok as it is. There is no funding attached nor is there a need to calculate anything (for the 2022 budget, I'd simply claim that there are no drug addicts in Atlasia and therefore funding for this bill would be 0$ Tongue ).

Similarly I don't see any references to opioid usage, so this is ok as it is. Though we might want to clarify that there must not be any overlap with services specifically tailored to treating opioid overdoses
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 04:01:07 AM »

From a quick read I think the bill would be ok as it is. There is no funding attached nor is there a need to calculate anything (for the 2022 budget, I'd simply claim that there are no drug addicts in Atlasia and therefore funding for this bill would be 0$ Tongue ).

What is the point in that case?

I do not understand the question?
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 04:33:51 AM »

What is the point in that case?

I do not understand the question?

A program with no funding I mean.

Ah ok I got it now. Well it's basically a tradeoff when doing the budget, where I tend to favour having a wrong budget over no budget. The more bills you have to research and cost, the longer it takes to create a budget Tongue This goes doubly so when you can't rely on the Comptroller General like we've been unable to for a long time. So any bill you can cut, even if it is under very wrong reasons, is one less bill to cost.

You can also think of it if you want as creating a program, then immediately defunding it if you prefer to think of that approach.

Of course, if we want to give this a "fixed" sum of money, that is an amendment that can easily be done and would be easily doable (and easy to take into the budget when the time comes). Then the question becomes what is the appropiate amount of money to give to this.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 04:55:03 AM »

Tack would you be interested in pursuing an amendment on the fixed cost issue?

Sure, the hard part is knowing what numver to give it Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies