Do you think that Donald Trump is a fascist? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:58:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Do you think that Donald Trump is a fascist? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do you think that Donald Trump is a fascist?  (Read 3006 times)
Friend
Rookie
United States

« on: September 27, 2017, 06:55:01 PM »

I think this is a case of perception vs. reality. Maybe some see Trumps rhetoric as fascist like but nothing he done compares to truly fascist governments. Also its important to differentiate between what fascists promised in order to get into power and they actual did. Most of Trumps similarities are with the former.
Friend
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 07:07:42 PM »

I think this is a case of perception vs. reality. Maybe some see Trumps rhetoric as fascist like but nothing he done compares to truly fascist governments. Also its important to differentiate between what fascists promised in order to get into power and they actual did. Most of Trumps similarities are with the former.

Trump has actually does a lot of extreme things that the media generally doesn't report on because they focus on his extreme comments.  In addition to the list from Amy Siskind, Politico publishes a weekly "Five things Trump did this week while you weren't looking."
Any specific examples of fascism though? Extreme does not mean fascist either.
Friend
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 07:27:47 PM »

Trump has actually does a lot of extreme things that the media generally doesn't report on because they focus on his extreme comments.  In addition to the list from Amy Siskind, Politico publishes a weekly "Five things Trump did this week while you weren't looking."

From September 1
1. Police can buy military equipment again - (re) militarizing the police
3. The fiduciary standard gets delayed for more than a year - Crony capitalism  (oddly crony capitalism is not on the list provided here, it is on the ones I've seen.)

From Amy Siskind's latest list
17. US Army recruiters are canceling contracts with hundreds of immigrant recruits, exposing some to deportation. Recruiters claim the move is to eliminate onerous background investigations from the enlistment process. - fear of difference

19. McClatchy reported the Trump regime is considering a policy which would fast-track the deportation of thousands of unaccompanied Central American teenagers who arrived at the southern border.
20. More than 150k children who arrived at the southern border, escaping violence and poverty in El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala, would be sent back when they turn 18, without seeing an immigration judge first.

1 is the only policy i would consider fascist. The policies that deal with illegals enforce laws already in place which is the executive's job. If you believe these are to promote a racist fascist agenda thats just your opinion not a fact.
Friend
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 07:35:30 PM »

Trump has actually does a lot of extreme things that the media generally doesn't report on because they focus on his extreme comments.  In addition to the list from Amy Siskind, Politico publishes a weekly "Five things Trump did this week while you weren't looking."

From September 1
3. The fiduciary standard gets delayed for more than a year - Crony capitalism  (oddly crony capitalism is not on the list provided here, it is on the ones I've seen.)

17. US Army recruiters are canceling contracts with hundreds of immigrant recruits, exposing some to deportation. Recruiters claim the move is to eliminate onerous background investigations from the enlistment process. - fear of difference

19. McClatchy reported the Trump regime is considering a policy which would fast-track the deportation of thousands of unaccompanied Central American teenagers who arrived at the southern border.
20. More than 150k children who arrived at the southern border, escaping violence and poverty in El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala, would be sent back when they turn 18, without seeing an immigration judge first.

1 is the only policy i would consider fascist. The policies that deal with illegals enforce laws already in place which is the executive's job. If you believe these are to promote a racist fascist agenda thats just your opinion not a fact.

It's consistent with other racist policies and statements from Trump and the Trump Administration.  Certainly though most racist statements and government actions are not inherently fascist.

Item 20 is not U.S law in terms of those escaping violence as those people have the right to seek refugee status.
Racist policies such as???
Friend
Rookie
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 08:06:01 PM »

From September 1
3. The fiduciary standard gets delayed for more than a year - Crony capitalism  (oddly crony capitalism is not on the list provided here, it is on the ones I've seen.)

It's consistent with other racist policies and statements from Trump and the Trump Administration.  Certainly though most racist statements and government actions are not inherently fascist.

Item 20 is not U.S law in terms of those escaping violence as those people have the right to seek refugee status.

Not a neutral website, but I think it's hard to dispute the 'facts' of a single item, and taken together they certainly point to clear racism:
List of policies enacted by Trump administration to further white supremacy: Travel-ban executive order; border-protection executive order; Presidential Voter Integrity Commission executive order; repealed federal regulations against reporting pay discrimination; law-enforcement protection executive order; reinstated mandatory minimums; repealed Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA; created commission to investigate affirmative action lawsuits; pardoned former Maricopa County, Ariz.,
Just because a policy affects a specific group more dies not make it unfair if the rules are apllied to everyone. Fairness is equal application of rules, not equal results. Mandatory minimums, aa lawsuits, voter id laws, immigration laws, and travel bans all seek to resolve legitimate issues.  All races must abide by them. No policy will affect every demographic equally.  Again it's your opinion to declare these policies racist. It is not an undisputed fact. I do not believe any of them to be racist or fascist. I'm sure you'll argue these policies counter minorities but I don't see how applying equal standards targets anyone other than those who break the law or put the public in danger. Racist policies would give different rights or privileges to different groups, kind of like affirmative action 😉. Arpaio should be in jail though.
Friend
Rookie
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 08:22:38 PM »
« Edited: September 27, 2017, 08:24:41 PM by Friend »

From September 1

It's consistent with other racist policies and statements from Trump and the Trump Administration.  Certainly though most racist statements and government actions are not inherently fascist.

Not a neutral website, but I think it's hard to dispute the 'facts' of a single item, and taken together they certainly point to clear racism:
List of policies enacted by Trump administration to further white supremacy: Travel-ban executive order; border-protection executive order; Presidential Voter Integrity Commission executive order; repealed federal regulations against reporting pay discrimination; law-enforcement protection executive order; reinstated mandatory minimums; repealed Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA; created commission to investigate affirmative action lawsuits; pardoned former Maricopa County, Ariz.,
Just because a policy affects a specific group more dies not make it unfair if the rules are apllied to everyone. Fairness is equal application of rules, not equal results. Mandatory minimums, aa lawsuits, voter id laws, immigration laws, and travel bans all seek to resolve legitimate issues.  All races must abide by them. No policy will affect every demographic equally.  Again it's your opinion to declare these policies racist. It is not an undisputed fact. I do not believe any of them to be racist or fascist. I'm sure you'll argue these policies counter minorities but I don't see how applying equal standards targets anyone other than those who break the law or put the public in danger. Racist policies would give different rights or privileges to different groups, kind of like affirmative action 😉. Arpaio should be in jail though.

I don't dispute that as an abstract argument, but that's not the reality.  'Carding' (I believe it has a different term in the U.S - the police stopping people at random on the street) in abstract can be applied to everybody equally but it is, in Ontario anyway, used against a random black person three times as often as it is used against a random white person, even though there in no inherent reason for that to happen.

That is just one of multiple examples of where 'equal' laws are applied differently on the basis of race, financial status, gender...  
Blacks may be tageted more but they statically commit more crimes. In fact the rate the two occur is nearly identical. Now are they being treated unfairly??
https://infogram.com/us-crime-in-black-and-white-1gzxop49q0okmwy
Friend
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 08:52:30 PM »

From September 1

It's consistent with other racist policies and statements from Trump and the Trump Administration.  Certainly though most racist statements and government actions are not inherently fascist.

I don't dispute that as an abstract argument, but that's not the reality.  'Carding' (I believe it has a different term in the U.S - the police stopping people at random on the street) in abstract can be applied to everybody equally but it is, in Ontario anyway, used against a random black person three times as often as it is used against a random white person, even though there in no inherent reason for that to happen.

That is just one of multiple examples of where 'equal' laws are applied differently on the basis of race, financial status, gender...  
Blacks may be tageted more but they statically commit more crimes. In fact the rate the two occur is nearly identical. Now are they being treated unfairly??
https://infogram.com/us-crime-in-black-and-white-1gzxop49q0okmwy

Do they actually commit more crime?  Or are they arrested and convicted more due to them being more targeted and/or that the 'crimes' that blacks commit are more likely to be illegal?  I don't want to sensationalize one single high profile event, but if you look at the 'white collar' crime (no pun intended) that led to the financial meltdown of 2008, not only did a single banker not go to jail, but in many cases, the fraud they committed wasn't even illegal.
It's impossible to say but seeing how most criminals are reported not caught through random searches, it would be hard to rationalize blacks higher crime rate as solely the product of racism. I am not denying that there are some racist cops and judges put there but to say it's the norm is quite a stretch. I don't believe that enforcement of the law should be compromised because we need an equal amount of each race being charged. As for the white collar criminals, i think almost anyone would say their positions of power benefited them far more than their race. The fraud they committed was not illegal because of the lobbying power they had in creating laws.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies