2020 Poll Hype Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:59:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Poll Hype Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Poll Hype Thread  (Read 191662 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 20, 2019, 08:41:37 PM »

What’s the point, we all know Wayne Messam is going to win.

You owe me a new keyboard to replace the one I soaked with what I was drinking when I read that
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 12:11:53 PM »

It's not the DNC's fault if these universities and news organizations don't make polls.
It is to a certain extent, considering that they designated only these (usually reliable) pollsters to count towards the debate, especially when one considers that there are reputable pollsters like MC that are excluded.

Morning Consult's poll isn't a real poll.  They are using the same pool of people for every iteration and just tracking how those people change their minds.  That is why the numbers are always the same.
Fair, but the point still stands.

Which poll do you want?

The state polls I see for December are:
Emerson (lol)
Change Research (definitely not)
Civiqs (who?)
FairVote (who?)
WBUR NH (maybe legit?)
Fair enough. We do need more polls, however.

I agree.  It is Christmas, though.  This is the calm before an inundation of Iowa and New Hampshire polls.

Polling is hard to do over the holidays, so the pause in polling is neither unusual or unexpected. The only time we got a bunch of December polls was in 2012 when Iowa and New Hampshire were in early January. South Carolina was in late January that year and got only three December polls, all well before the Holidays. So basically the DNC picked an odd timeframe for the polling window unless the intent was to provide additional winnowing of candidates with marginal support without appearing to do so.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 10:57:03 PM »

A meltdown in both Trump and GOP circles likely implies polls that show Trump has severely hurt Republican chances to hold the Senate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies