The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:59:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: The Iron Throne, the V ASOIAF Game (Sign Up - Rules Thread) (Turn Open)  (Read 49559 times)
leonardothered
United States

« on: January 01, 2017, 07:56:44 PM »

Shweet
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 07:47:30 PM »

Frey is playing a good game to be sure. He stands to gain favor with two kings rather than just a marriage alliance with a not-yet lord who's father proves he can be held with near impunity twice over.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 11:45:57 PM »

This will probably be the best iteration so far. So many ways to play out and many already have. Very very interesting...
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 12:40:53 AM »

Also what characters are open out of curiosity?
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 02:55:19 AM »

I guess didn't die from natural causes and got poisoned? Tongue

I'm guessing Widow's Blood. It takes a few days to kill someone and basically looks like regular illness in many ways.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 02:49:12 AM »

Let's go over open characters:

We have House Tyrell (as Mace Tyrell) and some of its key bannermen such as Houses Florent, Hightower and Tarly. We have the Stormlands wide open after Stannis's death, so a player can choose between Eldon Estermont, Bryce Caron, Cortnay Penrose and, if we really want to go to uncharted territory, play as young Edric Storm.

Davos Seaworth is another possibility, I can retcon his presence in KL and have him in charge of Stannis's armies and fleets in Dragonstone to give him a shot.

In Essos we also have Tyrosh (As Drogo's ally and now expanding through South Essos), the Iron Bank of Braavos (although I've made little progress on how they should be played), and of course, the adventurer Euron Greyjoy.

That aside, there's Yohn Royce, Wyman Manderly or Roose Bolton as other important Lords (although I'd very much encourage taking Tyrell first, and perhaps the Stormlords second unless we want to have that as NPC's).

Events in King's Landing will be moving fast (and going crazy soon), but so far none of the characters I have in mind there are available.

I wouldn't say wide open given that their loyalty by all rights and measures goes to by default to Shireen... ;}
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 10:52:13 AM »

It doesn't look like anything to me

-During Marvell
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 09:05:14 PM »

Some sort of extension would be nice
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 11:17:24 PM »

Fine, until tomorrow it is (26 hours more).

I don't see why you're all surprised, though, it's been literally a week and it's been several turns now we take an exact week and end on Fridays.

I'm inclined to agree. We've had today as the cut off for some time now. Shouldn't catch anyone off guard.

Well irs not really stated anywhere is all, I'm cool with having a permanent deadline.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 09:24:02 PM »

Oh noes :/
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 10:13:39 PM »

What is dead may never die!
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 10:28:54 PM »

And Balon proved a much wiser king than in canon.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 11:45:00 PM »

I've always disliked the Greyjoys in these games and thought they are essentially traps for aspiring players. Once you get the role you realize you have no potential allies (because nobody SERIOUSLY wants to allow the realm to split up), too few military resources to have a critical impact on the war, but a strong enough navy to make invasion highly unlikely. Garlan is the only one who came close to a significant impact and that's because that game was pre-Wot5k and independence wasn't the only option.

Yeah, whole time I played I thought. "It don't really matter who I side with, they gonna back stab me anyways." Was banking on the Targaryan deciding I wasn't worth the trouble of retaking.

Yeah my thinking was "trusting a Greyjoy seems really foolish" and that's show prejudice lol

Paid off for Viserys and would have made a great asset. I disagree though Dereich, the importance of naval powers cannot be underestimated. They can only be challenged by one of the other real navies and therefore you rule the best form of travel in the game.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2017, 12:05:55 AM »

Agreed just fun to debate the various distinctions of each house/major power

I personally would have chosen Greyjoy over Dorne for example, but playing as them makes me value them a lot more
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2017, 01:17:52 AM »

High sparrow could be quite fun though Greyjoy will be necessary after they get done with their potential kingsmoot
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2017, 01:08:12 PM »

So can I start with diplomacy even though crises aren't up?
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2017, 05:30:48 PM »

So can I start with diplomacy even though crises aren't up?

Ideally not, I want the crises up before getting the PM barrages.

Roger that, everyone barrage Lumine Wink
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2017, 10:39:39 PM »

Hm...Maybe we could say with the other candidates ether too far away or held by Starks, that Asha strong arms her way to being the next ruler? I'd rejoin as a Greyjoy for that. (Otherwise the High Sparrow is tempting)

High sparrow very much alive
Isn't he dead?
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2017, 01:21:38 AM »

I don't recall Book Qyburn being frightening at all, but that's up for debate certainly.

This turn ends on Saturday night.

His detachedness approach as well as his willingness to just mutilate and destroy people for his science...

A particularly chilling part is (SPOILERS) when Cersei has given Falyse Stokeworth to him after her husband's death at the hand kg Bronn to shut her up and suddenly realizing she needs her again and asking Qyburn if she lives... Then he replies she is basically insane or so horribly mutilated she's useless to Cersei's plans... Chills down the spine. My pet theory is it's her or some cobbled mess for a head underneath Robert Strong's helmet
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2017, 04:32:52 PM »

How much more is left? I'm pretty much ready just waiting on a pm
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2017, 08:00:56 PM »

Any news on questions or should I resend?
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2017, 04:59:59 PM »

If everyone did everything their characters would do line for line there wouldn't be much of a game ;}

Maybe Stannis grudge of Renly and Robert outweighed his sense of what claims were right. The idea of claims is pretty fluid anyways; up until the Trident or thereabouts there was no idea of who would be sitting the throne by the rebellion's end until it seemed certain the only course was deposing the Targaryens entirely.

It's more important to have a claim and the means to siege the throne than have the best claim. Stannis' claim was the best even considering the Targaryens at that point as the Targaryens were deposed and exiled with few houses even wanting a Targaryen restoration; at least most of the realm agreed on a Baratheon claimant until Robb was crowned.

Anyways Stannis was also subject to the desires of his allies and I helped push heavily for Viserys.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2017, 11:59:42 PM »

Spamage has been utterly fantastic as Tywin. Probably the best work from anyone in these series of games with what was arguably a terrible draw of the cards considering circumstances. Applause all around and I hope he comes back as Tyrion
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2017, 06:23:25 PM »

Is it not remembered I did that exact thing as Tyrion lol? He's not going to place the dynasty's pride and honor above his nephew's life; his care and we'll being are important than sitting him atop a seat that would likely kill him. The Lannisters have no allies, and are currently in full tilt battle with Ironborn in the heart of the Wasteland whom have already broken into Casterly Rock once! They now have to fight not only the ironborn but are still in a deadly struggle with  a Tully/Stark/Vale/Baratheon alliance lol. If he continues on said course, they will almost certainly be heads on spikes by the end of this. No amount of gold or Tyroshi sells words can save a house without alliances nor any possible alliances.

Tldr I already did this and it ended up being a fantastic move even though it didn't work out completely.

Does anyone honestly think Tyrion thinks he can win a war against the Edric power bloc, independent ironborn AND Viserys lol? He'd realize the cause was basically lost once Tywin died, the Vale RL and North all allied under a storm king and he was invaded by ironborn full tilt.
leonardothered
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2017, 08:30:59 AM »

Is it not remembered I did that exact thing as Tyrion lol? He's not going to place the dynasty's pride and honor above his nephew's life; his care and we'll being are important than sitting him atop a seat that would likely kill him. The Lannisters have no allies, and are currently in full tilt battle with Ironborn in the heart of the Wasteland whom have already broken into Casterly Rock once! They now have to fight not only the ironborn but are still in a deadly struggle with  a Tully/Stark/Vale/Baratheon alliance lol. If he continues on said course, they will almost certainly be heads on spikes by the end of this. No amount of gold or Tyroshi sells words can save a house without alliances nor any possible alliances.

Tldr I already did this and it ended up being a fantastic move even though it didn't work out completely.

Does anyone honestly think Tyrion thinks he can win a war against the Edric power bloc, independent ironborn AND Viserys lol? He'd realize the cause was basically lost once Tywin died, the Vale RL and North all allied under a storm king and he was invaded by ironborn full tilt.

1) This an insanely bad deal for the Lannisters

2) It should've been struck down on OOC grounds in the previous game IMO, but the rules were also a lot more lax in that game.  I'd also argue it wasn't such a hot move then, all due respect.  Plus you actually got something out of it Tongue

3) Tommen can definitely still win on his own

4) The whole alliance makes absolutely no sense.

You also don't see the entire picture Wink

A hot move? As I see it the Lannisters have one real army, as most of their troops from Tywin either vanished or are now under Randyll Tarly. They don't even have enough men under Jaime to fight the ironborn let alone hold onto their prizes in the Riverlands against a Tully/Stark/Vale/Baratheon alliance.

And if we're talking about OOC we're certainly going to have to bring the actions of one Petyr Baelish into the discussion lol.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies