2021-2022 NFL Pick Em/Discussion Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:19:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2021-2022 NFL Pick Em/Discussion Megathread (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: 2021-2022 NFL Pick Em/Discussion Megathread  (Read 40236 times)
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2022, 11:00:02 PM »

The two teams who are in the Super Bowl are the two I don't want in: Bengals and Rams. Not rooting for either one.

I know you're a Steelers fan, but the Bengals have been hapless for so many years it's hard to feel passionate about rooting against them in the playoffs. It's better than seeing Brady or Mahomes or Rodgers in again. I suspect that will change in the next few years as Burrow becomes a major thorn in the side of the Steelers and the whole division, though.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2022, 04:18:27 PM »

We will see Sunday when the Rams beat your Bengals, S019 don't like Bengals or the Rams and I don't know what happened to Crane Husband different user names Kaiser Dave, Progressive Moderate I don't know which one he is

It's a free website anyone can post on this site, just like Rs make R nut maps that won't happen

I'm still here. I just shortened my username to Crane. I'm not Kaiser Dave lol.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. The Bengals have had a crazy playoff and they just might take it all the way.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #127 on: February 13, 2022, 02:19:23 PM »

I am taking the Bengals due to fact it is the year of the TIGER 🐯 in the Chinese Zodiac.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #128 on: February 13, 2022, 11:15:14 PM »

We have had 2 superbowls in a row where the "heel" team got home field advantage and won.

I had no faith in the Bengals to win because of their disaster of an o-line. They made it to the Superbowl through underdog magic and fought against an overrated team, but that o-line is not championship material.

2 bad superbowls in a row. 2 unlikable Divas in a row (Antonio Brown and OBJ) getting rings. OBJ going to inspire Nick Chubb to leave Cleveland or something similar. The stacked deck wins. The rich get richer. Not even in the realm of fun and games may the smallfolk experience the thrill of victory.

The Bills would have eaten that Rams "performance" alive, but they lost in round 2 due to dumb luck against a team of choke artists. Hell, the Titans probably would have won. So would the Chiefs.

I really dislike that a team can have home field advantage during the superbowl. It's not fair, especially as the SB is never hosted by certain cities per their own standards. The NFL needed to have a backup so that didn't happen. Say Jacksonville or Miami gets the "backup" if Los Angeles (either team) gets in, and that would have happened this time. Last Season, Los Angeles or Houston gets the "backup" if the Buccs win so they don't unfairly get homefield.

The backup site idea is completely impractical. You would have a change of site with two weeks before the game in this year’s situation, and cause a huge economic loss to the city it gets moved away from.

Yea, you're right. I just don't like it. Hopefully we won't get three of these situations in a row.

It's in Arizona apparently. So if they play like they did at the end of this season, no chance.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #129 on: February 19, 2022, 08:19:48 PM »

Brian Flores, who was fired by the Miami Dolphins as head coach under very questionable pretenses, got hired as the LB/Senior Defense Assistant for the Steelers.

Just another reason why the Steelers are one of the best organizations in football.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #130 on: February 19, 2022, 10:28:32 PM »

*** FINAL PICK'EM RESULTS ***

There wasn't much suspense left, as Politics Fan clinched the title in the conference championships.  The final standings (regular players only):

184 Politics Fan
182 fluffypanther19
181 S019
180 nclib
175 Terry
172 Donerail
169 GeorgiaModerate, Grumps, JGibson, Thunder
166 texasgurl
164 olawakandi, SWE
163 Drew, ExtremeRepublican
162 Illiniwek
159 Crane

Most weeks won or shared first (regular season only):

6 Politics Fan
4 S019
3 ExtremeRepublican, olawakandi, Thunder

Best weekly performances (regular season only):

1. 13/14 (.929) nclib, week 14 (IIRC he had the single best week last year too)
2. 14/16 (.875) JGibson, week 5
3. 13/15 (.867) olawakandi, week 8

Thanks to everyone for playing!  It's been fun.

Hmm but I thought I just made “bad picks” and got “lucky”.

Politics Fan makes bad picks and gets rewarded for them due to upsets.

Anyway thanks to GeorgiaModerate for running this was a fun contest.

You did. Also it was pretty underhanded to change your pick in one of the playoff rounds without making a new post. I'm sure if it hadn't gone the way you changed it you wouldn't have spoken up. Nice strategy.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #131 on: February 20, 2022, 03:37:17 AM »

If most of Los Angeles was like our own OC in celebrating and taking pride in this superbowl victory, I would be less unhappy about it. But OC is in the minority. Most of LA doesn't really care.

I'd wager a crowd 3 times that size would show up in Cincy, Green Bay, Cleveland, or Pittsburgh.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies