CQPolitics House Ratings 2010 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 04:53:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CQPolitics House Ratings 2010 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CQPolitics House Ratings 2010  (Read 8044 times)
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« on: August 09, 2009, 10:03:05 AM »

I hope something else happens to make AK-AL competetive again.

I am surprised not to see the usual suspects from Indiana included.  I hope people aren't assuming that because the state went to Obama by a razor-thin margin that our Democratic members of Congress are safe.  They may well be safe, but it would probably have to do with the fact that they are voting more like Republicans.
JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 03:49:30 PM »

I hope something else happens to make AK-AL competetive again.

I am surprised not to see the usual suspects from Indiana included.  I hope people aren't assuming that because the state went to Obama by a razor-thin margin that our Democratic members of Congress are safe.  They may well be safe, but it would probably have to do with the fact that they are voting more like Republicans.

It looks unlikely that any of them will be facing a serious challenger since the Republicans pretty much gave up on unseating Donnelly or Ellsworth last year, and Baron Hill crushed Mike Sodrel in Round 4 of their grudge match. They'll probably wait until after redistricting to target any of them again.

Sodrel is a one-hit wonder.  All he does is trot out pictures of aborted fetuses.  Donnelly is behaving more like Chris Chocola than Tim Roemer.  And Roemer was pretty conservative for a Democrat.  I haven't followed Ellsworth.  But yeah -- the GOP may just be content with the Governor's office and one Senate seat for now.  There were some accusations of corruption against Pete Visclosky but nothing ever came of it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies