NV: Rasmussen: McCain leads Hillary in NV (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:56:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  NV: Rasmussen: McCain leads Hillary in NV (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NV: Rasmussen: McCain leads Hillary in NV  (Read 3065 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: April 23, 2008, 01:43:33 PM »

Obama is slowly losing support. The scandals may not have had an immediate impact, but it is hurting him.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 02:47:48 PM »

As do I. I have to believe that if Obama were to lose Nevada and New Mexico, then he won't win Colorado. It would have a very tight margin, though.

Hillary would probably beat McCain in the electoral college. She plays too well among Blue collar Democrats in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and the elderly in Florida. She'd also win Arkansas for sure.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 02:57:54 PM »

As do I. I have to believe that if Obama were to lose Nevada and New Mexico, then he won't win Colorado. It would have a very tight margin, though.

Hillary would probably beat McCain in the electoral college. She plays too well among Blue collar Democrats in Ohio, Pennsylvania, and the elderly in Florida. She'd also win Arkansas for sure.

At base I think they're likely to correlate some, but New Mexico and Nevada have remarkably different demographics than Colorado.  If Obama's "base" shifts more toward professionals and less toward lower middle class people, he could feasibly carry Colorado narrowly while losing the other two.

That they do .. I just have a hard time seeing Colorado flipping to Obama, especially if he loses its neighboring states. It will be very close either way for sure, but if he wins Nevada and NM, then he probably wins Colorado. He's just bleeding support badly right now and it's no telling if his ship sinks or recovers when the Dem race is decided.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies