Suburban vote in 2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:49:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Suburban vote in 2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Suburban vote in 2020  (Read 2387 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: November 26, 2017, 04:29:32 AM »

Even if the Senate is 52R-48D after 2018, all the Democrats need to win in 2020 is two of GA, ME, AK, CO, MT and NC, and those states should be very winnable for them, especially if they win the presidency.

Who knows how 2022 will turn out. I think GA, NC and AZ would be the only truly vulnerable Republican Senate seats under a Democratic president, but unfortunately there isn't even one good pick-up opportunity in a Democratic-held state for them. The House could flip back to the Rs in 2022, but many of those suburban seats are trending D in the long term anyway so it wouldn't be a slam dunk by any means, lol.

I don't get all this talk of AK and MT being singled out as being vulnerable on the level of GA, ME, NC. Both have incumbents, who in the absence of scandal, should be fine in states that more than likely will vote for the Republican ticket in 2020 and more likely by double digits than not.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies