SENATE BILL: Atlasian Calendar Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:38:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Atlasian Calendar Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Atlasian Calendar Act (Law'd)  (Read 2527 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: June 27, 2014, 03:37:06 PM »

I'm going to oppose this, undermining the GM is certainly not something we want to do, even if the position requires urgent reform as it's evident it's not working as it should. If anything, the changes to Ethiopia, Eritrea and the calendar are a thousand times more plausible than having an alien invasion (I understand Griffin's intentions in regards to that particular event, but I still think it went too far).

Its not the position that needs reform, and trying to talk yourself into that being true is dangerous territory.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 04:22:12 PM »

I'm going to oppose this, undermining the GM is certainly not something we want to do, even if the position requires urgent reform as it's evident it's not working as it should. If anything, the changes to Ethiopia, Eritrea and the calendar are a thousand times more plausible than having an alien invasion (I understand Griffin's intentions in regards to that particular event, but I still think it went too far).

Its not the position that needs reform, and trying to talk yourself into that being true is dangerous territory.

Really, Mr. President? Duke had a very hard time finding GM's, and the position hasn't been working for quite a few months. It's becoming increasingly evident that the position involves too much work for a single Atlasian now, which is why I was interested in SirNick's proposal for a game engine team.

We already have it set up as a team, and it hasn't worked out very well with the Cabinet. Most people would say Adam Griffin was the best gm in recent memory, but a select few atlasians worked very hard to make sure his second stint was as short as possible. Older players say Purple State was the best GM but I can't really comment since I wasn't around for it. Either way, like most positions, its about who you have. When you add positions somewhere you typically have to make up for it with lesser regional offices or less competition or other consequences.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 07:21:31 PM »

Yeah I don't see where the GM has the constitutional authority to mandate to the senate the means of legislating.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies