Trump will nake a major speech on immigration in Arizona on Wednesday. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:12:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump will nake a major speech on immigration in Arizona on Wednesday. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump will nake a major speech on immigration in Arizona on Wednesday.  (Read 6518 times)
Arbitrage1980
« on: August 31, 2016, 10:40:17 PM »

I'm an anti-Trump conservative but really liked his immigration speech.

Hillary and the liberals want unfettered open borders, dramatic increase in Muslim refugees, and sanctuary cities. The social, cultural, and economic costs to this country will be profound and irreversible.  Look at what's happening to Germany under Angela Merkel. No thanks!
Arbitrage1980
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 11:14:23 PM »

Watching the families of people who died at the hands of illegal aliens was hard to watch. I see why they back Trump, but the devotion to him was a bit unsettling.

I understand why they're devoted to him.  THEIR government failed them.  Not just their Federal Government, but, in some case their "Sanctuary City" local government which, quite frankly, obstructed justice.

These people are sick and tired of folks whining about people who come here illegally needing to "come out of the shadows", or concern about "keeping families together", or how (from Jeb!'s mouth to my ears) it's an "act of love" to crash the border and enter America.  They endure these discussions watching the news in the face of their own experiences and rightly conclude that political elites that benefit from illegal immigration not only don't care about these people's pain, but find them a nuisance and hope they go away.  I'm sure that at least some of them hoped that someone other than Donald Trump would stand up for them, but they're glad that he did.  Hillary Clinton couldn't care less about these folks; they cramp HER talking points.

What's the difference between the Angel Moms on stage with Trump and the Khans?  The difference is that while the Khans endured tragedy, their government did not fail them.  Captain Khan enlisted in the military; he signed up for the possibility of being killed in action.  All of our military do, in reality.  My second son did, and served in Afghanistan; he could have come home dead, and I'm thankful to God that he didn't.  Trump's Angel Moms are a different story; they are all cases of folks whose government failed to protect citizenry, and the cases that involve "sanctuary cities" are the most egregious failures of government not fulfilling its first duty to its citizens.

I agree.  Liberals care more about illegal immigrants than its own citizens.  We have a President who has expressed more outrage at the GOP and the NRA than at radical Muslims who kill people.  This is a President who called the ISIS a "JV squad," refuses to use the term "radical Islam," and called the Fort Hood shooting a case of "workplace violence."  Americans are tired of liberals demonizing white men, accusing them of "white male privilege," and trying to force our daughters/sisters/nieces/wives/moms to use the same bathroom as a confused middle-aged man who thinks he's a "woman." 

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies