Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:41:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 108123 times)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2005, 04:17:18 PM »

As per the President's request:

Foreign Relations Review Act

Preamble

Purpose of this legislation is to clarify the authority of the Secretary of State.

Section 1 - Creation of the Foreign Relations Review

I - It is the responsibility to maintain, and draft the relations between Atlasia and all other recognized states of the world.

II - The Foreign Relations Review will specifically examine the military and economic relations between the Republic of Atlasia, and the states in question.

III - The creation of the Foreign Relations Review will be completed entirely by the Secretary of State and posted in the State Department thread.

Section 2 - State Department Thread

I - Citizens, and elected officials of all branches of the government are invited to give commentary and opinions on the foreign policy at hand.

II - The Secretary of State is under no directive to obey the desires expressed in the State Department Thread.

III - In instances where the Secretary of State is unsure of what course of action to take he or she may call on the Senate, or Executive for direct input.

Section 3 - Authority of the Foreign Relations Review

I - As drafted, the Foreign Relations Review becomes law, and the official policy of the Republic of Atlasia.

Section 4 - Amending the Foreign Relations Review

I - The Secretary of State can freely change the Foreign Relations Review of the past office holders.

II - The Senate has the authority to draft amendments to the Foreign Relations Review. After passing the Senate with a majority it will become official Atlasian foreign policy, and the Secretary of State will not have the authority to change it. The President is free to veto the amendment, like any form of legislation.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2005, 03:16:33 PM »

On behalf of the Vice President:

Affirmative Action Bill

1. For the purposes of this act, "affirmative action" is defined as granting special preference or other advantage in employment to individuals on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or economic status.

2. No agency of the federal government of Atlasia may use affirmative action in any decision relating to the selection, payment, treatment, or dismissal of any employee.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2005, 04:37:36 PM »

On the behalf of Vice President Emsworth (AGAIN!):

Military Readiness Enhancement Bill

1.The Armed Forces of Atlasia shall not prevent from enlisting, punish, discharge, or discriminate against individuals on the grounds of sexual orientation.

2. Any person discharged from the Armed Forces on the grounds of sexual orientation shall be permitted to re-enlist, if otherwise eligible.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2005, 12:09:29 PM »

Atlasian Regional Quarters Act[/i]

1. The Mint shall issue quarter dollar coins commemorating the five Regions of Atlasia.

2. A coin commemorating a particular Region shall include, on the reverse side, a design chosen by that Region, in any manner it sees fit.

3. No design may include a portrait of a living person.

4. The Senate requests Regions to submit their decisions to the Secretary of the Treasury within one month of the passage of this Act.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2005, 03:27:25 PM »

Some new legislation, if a Senator might see fit to introduce it:

Central American Free Trade Agreement Act

1. The Senate hereby approves the Dominican Republic-Central America-United States Free Trade Agreement entered into on August 5, 2004 with the Governments of Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua.
2. The President and other officers of the Atlasian Government shall take such actions, and enforce such regulations, as may be necessary to implement the provisions of the Agreement.
3. This Act shall have effect only with respect to those countries which have ratified or approved the Agreement, and which continue to comply with its provisions.

I officially propose this piece of legislation on behalf of Vice President Emsworth.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2005, 01:10:47 PM »

Hurricane Katrina Relief Bill I

Preamble
The purpose of this bill is to give aide to areas in the Southeast region affected by Hurricane Katrina.

Section 1 - Immediate Monetary Aide
A. The federal government approves $10 billion in immediate aide to be used in the effort to retrieve survivors, establish suitable living conditions, and provide for food, water, and general hygene in areas in Louisiana, Alabama, and Mississippi affected by Hurricane Katrina.

Section 2 - Suspension of Fuel Tax In Federal Government
A. The federal fuel tax is suspended until October 10, 2005, effective upon the passage of this bill.
As soon as the new President pro tempore gives his approval (necessary, as I am not permitted to act unilaterally by the rules), this bill will be brought to the Senate floor.

I fully approve the bringing of this bill to the floor immediately as per the Official Procedural Resolution.
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies