Mayor Pete
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 10:29:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Mayor Pete
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21
Author Topic: Mayor Pete  (Read 61670 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: December 24, 2018, 04:26:21 AM »

Beto

"Right now, for our deliberation as voters, we have two very different kinds of candidates." Beto O'Rourke spoke clearly to the large crowd of the Dallas rally. "We have Mike Pence and Ted Cruz, two candidates of the past, espousing regressive and stale points of view that failed our country and so many Americans for decades. On the other hand, we have two young and fresh candidates with ideas of change and reform, pragmatic but still fiercely protective of all Americans of all kinds, stripes, colours, sexual orientations and economic conditions!" He spoke loudly to overcome the increasing cheering of the crowd. "So this is why I urge all of you, my fellow Texans, to give your support to Colin Allred for Senate and Pete Buttigieg for President!" The crowd went wild, chants like Mayor Pete! or Beto! or Colin! mixing together. "Now, let's give a warm welcome to the next Senator from Texas, Representative Colin Allred!"

As Colin went up to the stage Beto left, joining the others backstage. "Great speech," Pete told him with a grin. "You're a much better speaker than me."

"Don't put yourself down." The Texas Governor patted him on the back. "You did very well earlier. Pence is going down here and nationwide, I'm telling you."

"And hopefully, Cruz joins him." Buttigieg looked back at the stage, were Allred was pumping up the crowd.

"I really hope so." A smile creeped up to Beto's lips. "I've been wishing to see him go down ever since I lost to him by just over 1% in 2018."

"I remember all the Presidential buzz around you after that," the Indiana Governor said curiously. "Yet in the end you backed away. Why did you back away?"

"I made a few calls, realized the sheer number of candidates who were going to jump in. Decided I wouldn't increase the clowncar." Governor O'Rourke shrugged. "In retrospect, maybe it was a mistake. Maybe I could've united the party, prevented a disastrous convention and beaten Trump. But maye I would've just made it worse, and hey, I love my job now. Governor of Texas is great."

"Yeah, I..." Pete was interrupted by his campaign manager, Jen O'Malley Dillon, running towards them.

"You have to see this now!" She showed them an ipad with CNN breaking news playing.

"Bombshell report on Democratic Presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg", Wolf Blitzer was saying dramatically. "DeShawn Franklin, an African American whose house was entered in the middle of the night by South Bend police officers without a warrant in 2016, and who was then beaten and tasered, came forward to speak up about the Mayor's treatment of the case in a major press conference."

Anderson Cooper continued him. "He says, quote, 'the Mayor refused to meet me. He ignored me as some pest and sent his lawyers to offer me money so that I shut up. To our repeated requests to meet with him or a hight-ranking member of his administration and discuss the issue, we were given nothing. My civil rights were trampled, I was beaten and humiliated, my personal territory was invaded without warrant! And in the end, the courts went with him and gave me miserable 18$. Our criminal justice system is broken, and Pete Buttigieg will not repair it, because he's the cause, not the solution.' That's defintiely an indictment of the Governor..."

"Yes, and that's not all." Wolf Blitzer added ominously. "Another shadow from the Governor's past, former head of South Bend's Board of Public Safety Pat Cottrell, has come forward to speak out on another controversy. He resigned in protest after the then-Mayor determined that his new appointed Police Chief, Ron Teachman, did no wrongdoing when he failed to assist a fellow officer. Public advocacy groups expressed concern that the officer was African American."

"Cottrell, who tried to get the Mayor to release the report, said Buttigieg refused." Anderson Cooper continued. "He said that the Mayor showed 'no empathy and only cared about his appointment and furthering his career smoothly'. Cottrell added that he planned to vote for Buttigieg because of his policy, but that the Governor is 'clearly not the people's Mayor he tries to paint himself as- he's only his own Mayor'. Meanwhile, the officer who wasn't assisted by Teachman, Lt. David Newton, refused to comment. It's yet another scathing attack that is sure to hurt the Democratic nominee..."

"Oh, Christ." Governor Buttigieg's shoulders slumped. "I hoped this stupid controversy wouldn't come up... and especially not in that way. God damn it, what are we going to do?!"

"They're going to claim that the picture they tried to paint of you was validated: a young, elitist white Harvard student who gets all angry and flustered when he doesn't get his way and is the peak hypocrisity about minorities. And I'm just quoting a Republican colleague here... this can really hurt us with African Americans." Jen sighed. "They're going to press hard on it. But luckily, you have an opening- the townhall debate is in a week, and it's the perfect place to show empathy, calmness and the down-to-earth picture people crave for. This will be our chance to dispel this false image once and for all. We must take it."

Beto gulped. He knew Pete would be facing immense pressure now- that debate might very well decide the Presidency.

General Election Polling- National
Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN)\Senator Josh Hawley (R-MO)- 44%
Governor Pete Buttigieg (D-IN)\Senator Anthony Foxx (D-NC)- 42%%
Governor Phil Scott (R\I-VT)\U.S. Rep. Spencer J. Cox (R\I-UT)- 5%
Activist Howie Hawkins (G-NY)\Activist Gary Swing (G-AZ)- 2%
City Councillor Nicholas Sarwark (L-AZ)\Activist Zoltan Istvan (L-CA)- 1%
Businessman Don Blankenship (C-WV)\Fmr. U.S. Rep. Steve Stockman (C-TX)- 1%
Other\Undecided- 5%
PENCE +2
LCSPopTart
Rookie
United States

« Reply #376 on: December 24, 2018, 12:11:32 PM »
« Edited: December 24, 2018, 12:41:40 PM by LCSPopTart »

PETE MUST BE PROTECTED ALL COSTS
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #377 on: December 24, 2018, 01:24:21 PM »

Phil should gain
America needs Phil
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #378 on: December 24, 2018, 01:35:09 PM »

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #379 on: December 24, 2018, 01:36:40 PM »

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #380 on: December 24, 2018, 05:30:06 PM »

America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #381 on: December 26, 2018, 08:07:02 AM »

Pete

"Governor Buttigieg," the elderly African American woman in the audience spoke. "I confess that I was your supporter since day one. When Governor Stacey Abrmas endorsed you, I was convinced you should be the one. But when this young man and a respectable public safety advocate came forward and questioned your record on criminal justice, I was shaken to the core." Her voice grew shakey. "Seven years ago, my son was walking down the street, doing nothing wrong. He was attacked by police, and when he resisted, trying to tell them that they should explain why they were arresting him, they tasered him and beat him. Seeing him coming home all beat up, my dear boy..." She sobbed. "It was terrible, painful, as if they beat me up. And the officers went unpunished. My son was just like that young man, DeShawn Franklin, innocent and attacked because of his skin colour. Why should I vote for you after hearing about this terrible event?"

"Ma'am, first of all, I'm very sorry to hear that." Pete approached her slowly, showing real sympathy. He crouched before her, letting her be the person on the higher ground and looking up into her eyes. "As someone who isn't a father yet, and especially someone planning to become one soon, I cannot imagine the pain and anger you must've felt. All of that was justified. Now, as Mayor, you have a police force under you, which needs to enforce laws. You don't control these policemen, but you need to take responsibility for their actions and for the law enforcement. It's a tough balance to strike, and we recognized that. In my tenure, we increased the amount of African American officers and decreased the rate of unjustified violence. Just like I said back then, civil rights are valued, and we must stress out that they're taken seriously, and if there's any sense in any community that they feel unequal, or are treated unjustly, we must work on that. I promise you, ma'am."

He held her hands in his, showing empathy. "I want Franklin, and your son, to feel like they have a place in our country and in our cities. If elected President, it'll be one of my top priorities. There's no silver bullet or quick fix, but we're going to get to work on it right away, hopefully with a Democratic congressional majority to support us. We'll reform our criminal justice system and we'll make sure that it doesn't discriminate our African American community, and works with compassion rather than cruelty!"

The woman nodded as he stood up and let go of her shaking hands. "Thank you, Governor."

"Vice President Pence," Anderson Cooper turned to Pete's opponent. "Do you want to answer the question? What would you do about our criminal justice system?"

"Well, first of all ma'am, thank you for your question." Pence said without looking into the woman's eyes, "I think what we've seen in the past few days proves what Governor Buttigieg really is- not a man of the people, not an ordinary American, but a Harvard-educated elitist who doesn't care about those he claims to be so empathic to, whether minorities or African Americans. When elected President, I'll make sure our police enforces the laws strictly and without discrimination, tough on all crime. We'll protect our people and also our officers, like the officer Governor Buttigieg's appointee failed to assist."

Pete smiled, knowing that his opponent's response was a bad look again. "The Vice President has just given a perfect display of his lack of compassion, and his lack of policy. All he's said was slogans like 'tough on crime' or 'enforcement' without giving any specifics. The truth is, we already are tough on crime. Tough on all crime, like the Vice President said, including brutalizing small offenders. We're so tough, in fact, that our officers sometimes attack innocents, most of them curiously African American. As President, I'll protect our officers from violence, including gun violence which we'll cut with more measures of gun control, but I'll also make sure that no American is treated unequally, brutalized or discriminated for the colour of their skin!"

Cheers erupted spontaniously, and the moderators had to calm the audience. The debate was approaching to an end, and Pete knew that he nailed it- he appeared empathic and genuine, he connected with the questioners on a personal level, and he stayed calm, looking like the stark contrast of the angry elitist they tried hard to paint him as. And Pence was a good contrast- cold and distant, sometimes patronizing, no connection to the people. He was just bad in a townhall. The Indiana Governor managed to turn the criminal justice issue around on him, painting Pence as the unsympathic one. Coupled with the surrogates working hard for him- an event with U.S. Reps. Lucy McBath and his running mate were scheduled for Atlanta tomorrow, and the Obamas were preparing to come out in force for him- it was looking like they'd soon be able to throw the blame away from him and turn the issue into a nothingburger. It looked like they were beginning to recover.

Who won the 2nd Presidential debate (among debate watchers)?
Governor Pete Buttigieg (D-IN)- 51%
Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN)- 37%
Draw\Undecided- 12%

Governor Pete Buttigieg (D-IN)\Senator Anthony Foxx (D-NC)- 43%%
Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN)\Senator Josh Hawley (R-MO)- 41%
Governor Phil Scott (R\I-VT)\U.S. Rep. Spencer J. Cox (R\I-UT)- 6%
Businessman Don Blankenship (C-WV)\Fmr. U.S. Rep. Steve Stockman (C-TX)- 2%
Activist Howie Hawkins (G-NY)\Activist Gary Swing (G-AZ)- 1%
Other\Undecided- 6%
BUTTIGIEG +2
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #382 on: December 26, 2018, 10:51:36 AM »

Who won the Israeli election in 2019
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #383 on: December 26, 2018, 11:54:25 AM »

Netanyahu, like he will irl... but the next one is more interesting because of Netanyahu's indictment. I'll write something up about that soon.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #384 on: December 26, 2018, 01:47:27 PM »

Netanyahu, like he will irl... but the next one is more interesting because of Netanyahu's indictment. I'll write something up about that soon.
How do you think of The Joint List and I hope Shas wins the 2019 election.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #385 on: December 26, 2018, 04:25:48 PM »

No Phil?
Disappointed
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #386 on: December 26, 2018, 06:48:57 PM »

Can Phil drop out already? He's siphoning moderates who would probably otherwise vote Buttigieg
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #387 on: December 26, 2018, 06:51:40 PM »

Can Phil win already? He's the best.
In all seriousness, I am one of those people. But I'm slightly to the left of "moderate."
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #388 on: December 26, 2018, 06:52:41 PM »

Please post more Phil stuff though, he should gain bigly.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #389 on: December 26, 2018, 07:46:13 PM »

#LetPhilDebate
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #390 on: December 27, 2018, 02:21:23 PM »

Maybe you should give Parrotguy time to write, Dave?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #391 on: December 27, 2018, 04:17:49 PM »

Maybe you should give Parrotguy time to write, Dave?
Sorry, yeah
To be clear, I am loving this
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #392 on: January 02, 2019, 09:53:19 AM »

Anthony

"What we've seen for the past days was disgusting," Josh Hawley was speaking passionately, "Pete Buttigieg isn't a person any of us should trust with the grave responsibility of the Presidency. He's just a rich, Harvard-educated elitist who doesn't care about African Americans or working Americans. Honestly, after what we've heard from many credible people, I'm appalled that Senator Foxx here still defends Buttigieg and stays with him on the ticket."

Anthony knew just what to say. Hawley gave him a perfect opening, proving himself a poor debater like many times in the past hour. "Well, first of all, this was a very patronizing statement by the Senator. He has no right to tell me, or any other African American, who to support. We're independent and smart, and we'll support politicians and parties who we feel represent us and fight for our rights and needs! And Pete Buttigieg is just that person, in my view- despite Republicans trying to inflate facts and lie their way into painting him as something he isn't, Pete has always been very passionate about civil rights and about helping the African American community. The criminal justice plan our ticket presented will take thousands of black youths imprisoned on minor charges out of jail, and the electoral reform and anti-gerrymandering measures we're promoting will end the dirty tactics of many Republican state parties and the near-disenfranchisement of many African American communities. Senator Hawley and his running mate, Mike Pence? They've been cheerleaders for a President who promoted racist rhetoric, they're supporting voter oppression against African Americans, and make no mistake- they don't give a damn about us."

Anthony could see his rival's skin grow a bit pink as he seemed to get more and more frustrated, unable to really say anything that breaks the North Carolina Senator's wall of resolve and calmness. "I... I apologize if I sounded patronizing, I did not mean to come off that way. But while you say that African Americans shouldn't be told who to vote for, you're telling them who to vote for!"

Chris Wallace coughed. "Thank you, Senator, and we're going to end here. Now, each of you shall have a minute to give your final statements. Senator Hawley, by a cointoss, you go first."

Hawley straightened up in his seat, trying to look dignified. "I think this debate, and the rest of the campaign, made something very clear. Vice President Mike Pence is much more experienced and qualified to hold the office of the Presidency than Pete Buttigieg, an inexperienced, green elitist who has no connection to real Americans. His plans are also the best for all Americans, promoting growth and liberty, strength and independence from outside influence, and keeping the traditions and values that define us. As a Senator and law expert, I know that I can help the Vice President appoint conservative judges who'll defend our constitution and liberty, and be the best advisor that can bring fresh ideas of hope and reform. We're going to continue and Make America Great Again for people of all races and religions!"

Anthony smiled, looking at Josh like an adult looks at a silly child. "What's been going on throughout this debate is just what's happening in this election- while Senator Hawley has been doing nothing but recycling stale slogans and attacks that the American people know are frauds, I've been giving details and specific plans that we're going to implement to help the American people. Vice President Pence and Senator Hawley, who seems to be another stale face who thinks he's Jack Kennedy, bring nothing fresh, interesting or useful to the table, while our ticket promises to reform healthcare, immigration, criminal justice and the tax system, restore our image in the world, and protect the earth from disastrous environmental policies. The majority of Americans disapprove of the Trump administraiton- I promise you that while Pence and Hawley will continue the same terrible policies, myself and Governor Buttigieg will be the hope and change our country needs!"

As the Wallace started closing the debate, Anthony smiled to himself. There was no doubt who won this debate- Hawley did almost as bad as Rubio in that infamous 2016 primary debate robotic performance that sunk his campaign. After agressive campaigning and a good townhall debate by Pete, Anthony ensured their ticket will continue the recovery from that scandal.

Who won the Vice Presidential debate (among debate watchers)?
Senator Anthony Foxx (D-NC)- 56%
Senator Josh Hawley (R-MO)- 29%
Draw\Undecided- 15%

Governor Pete Buttigieg (D-IN)\Senator Anthony Foxx (D-NC)- 45%%
Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN)\Senator Josh Hawley (R-MO)- 40%
Other\Undecided- 5%
BUTTIGIEG +5
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #393 on: January 02, 2019, 11:21:56 AM »

Shouldn’t the EV numbers be different since this is 2024?
TheBeardedOne
United States
« Reply #394 on: January 02, 2019, 11:23:51 AM »

Anthony

"What we've seen for the past days was disgusting," Josh Hawley was speaking passionately, "Pete Buttigieg isn't a person any of us should trust with the grave responsibility of the Presidency. He's just a rich, Harvard-educated elitist who doesn't care about African Americans or working Americans. Honestly, after what we've heard from many credible people, I'm appalled that Senator Foxx here still defends Buttigieg and stays with him on the ticket."

Anthony knew just what to say. Hawley gave him a perfect opening, proving himself a poor debater like many times in the past hour. "Well, first of all, this was a very patronizing statement by the Senator. He has no right to tell me, or any other African American, who to support. We're independent and smart, and we'll support politicians and parties who we feel represent us and fight for our rights and needs! And Pete Buttigieg is just that person, in my view- despite Republicans trying to inflate facts and lie their way into painting him as something he isn't, Pete has always been very passionate about civil rights and about helping the African American community. The criminal justice plan our ticket presented will take thousands of black youths imprisoned on minor charges out of jail, and the electoral reform and anti-gerrymandering measures we're promoting will end the dirty tactics of many Republican state parties and the near-disenfranchisement of many African American communities. Senator Hawley and his running mate, Mike Pence? They've been cheerleaders for a President who promoted racist rhetoric, they're supporting voter oppression against African Americans, and make no mistake- they don't give a damn about us."

Anthony could see his rival's skin grow a bit pink as he seemed to get more and more frustrated, unable to really say anything that breaks the North Carolina Senator's wall of resolve and calmness. "I... I apologize if I sounded patronizing, I did not mean to come off that way. But while you say that African Americans shouldn't be told who to vote for, you're telling them who to vote for!"

Chris Wallace coughed. "Thank you, Senator, and we're going to end here. Now, each of you shall have a minute to give your final statements. Senator Hawley, by a cointoss, you go first."

Hawley straightened up in his seat, trying to look dignified. "I think this debate, and the rest of the campaign, made something very clear. Vice President Mike Pence is much more experienced and qualified to hold the office of the Presidency than Pete Buttigieg, an inexperienced, green elitist who has no connection to real Americans. His plans are also the best for all Americans, promoting growth and liberty, strength and independence from outside influence, and keeping the traditions and values that define us. As a Senator and law expert, I know that I can help the Vice President appoint conservative judges who'll defend our constitution and liberty, and be the best advisor that can bring fresh ideas of hope and reform. We're going to continue and Make America Great Again for people of all races and religions!"

Anthony smiled, looking at Josh like an adult looks at a silly child. "What's been going on throughout this debate is just what's happening in this election- while Senator Hawley has been doing nothing but recycling stale slogans and attacks that the American people know are frauds, I've been giving details and specific plans that we're going to implement to help the American people. Vice President Pence and Senator Hawley, who seems to be another stale face who thinks he's Jack Kennedy, bring nothing fresh, interesting or useful to the table, while our ticket promises to reform healthcare, immigration, criminal justice and the tax system, restore our image in the world, and protect the earth from disastrous environmental policies. The majority of Americans disapprove of the Trump administraiton- I promise you that while Pence and Hawley will continue the same terrible policies, myself and Governor Buttigieg will be the hope and change our country needs!"

As the Wallace started closing the debate, Anthony smiled to himself. There was no doubt who won this debate- Hawley did almost as bad as Rubio in that infamous 2016 primary debate robotic performance that sunk his campaign. After agressive campaigning and a good townhall debate by Pete, Anthony ensured their ticket will continue the recovery from that scandal.

Who won the Vice Presidential debate (among debate watchers)?
Senator Anthony Foxx (D-NC)- 56%
Senator Josh Hawley (R-MO)- 29%
Draw\Undecided- 15%

Governor Pete Buttigieg (D-IN)\Senator Anthony Foxx (D-NC)- 45%%
Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN)\Senator Josh Hawley (R-MO)- 40%
Other\Undecided- 5%
BUTTIGIEG +5

Didn’t Hawley go to Stanford and Yale? Lol. That would make perfect sense to him
Sounds like something Trump would do calling Obama or the Clintons elitist yet went to Ivy League UPenn
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #395 on: January 02, 2019, 11:25:14 AM »

Shouldn’t the EV numbers be different since this is 2024?

Oh, yeah right. I'll fix it next time I post polls + a map.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #396 on: January 02, 2019, 04:48:58 PM »

God, Harley is so annoying.
Edgeofnight
EdgeofNight

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.09

« Reply #397 on: January 03, 2019, 01:20:10 PM »

Hawley continuing to showcase himself as a bad vp pick.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #398 on: January 04, 2019, 04:05:13 AM »

Nick

Nick Ayers waited patiently near the car as the Vice President was leaving the townhall in Merrillville, Indiana. Mike was shaking hands with the large crowds of people who were waiting for him and cheering. "Thank you! Thank you, fellow Hoosiers, make sure to vote for me in November!" He gave them robotic but alright smiles as he left the event. He didn't connect with the people particularly well, but the event went alright

The campaign manager sighed. Having to campaign in Indiana, where Buttigieg was annoyingly popular despite their attack ads on his liberal tenure, was bad enough. They also had to make this a campaign about making their candidate seem more human and less stiff, and Pence was finding it hard to do so, especially with a charismatic, younger man who connected with people in an instant up against him. But at least that townhall went alright.

"Mr. Vice President," Nick held out his phone as Mike approahced the car. "You won't like this." He handed him the phone, where a breaking news report was flashing.

Pence read it with a frown as he got into the car, the campaign manager right behind him. "Mitt Romney endorses Scott?" He looked like he was about to curse, but in the end settled for an annoyed Christ!

Nick nodded. "Yeah, it's bad, gives them much more strength in Utah. Especially with Cox and Governor Holland campaigning all over the state for him, and with Curtis refusing to endorse us. Of the major Utah figures, only Senator Lee supports us."

"That traitor..." Mike shook his head. "I thought he promised us he'd stay neutral! Christ, now we're at great risk of losing Utah!"

"We were already at risk," the manager said carefully, "now, I'd have to admit Scott is favoured. And yes, Romney promised us, but that was when it looked like we have a chance. Now, we hear, after the townhall and VP debates, he decided we're losing bets, and apparently conducted some polls in Utah that show most people want him to endorse Scott. God knows why he still cares after his son lost the Senate primary, maybe he wants to try again when the gubernatorial seat is open in 2028. What's for sure, he decided endorsing Scott was wise. After Hogan endorsed him two weeks ago, it's looking like he's not going away."

Pence sighed deeply and slumped in his seat. "This is a disaster. If we can't win even Republican fortress Utah, where Donald won twice despite the McMullin challenges... Just a while ago, I thought we're going to win this, I thought our attacks on Pete would finally stick after that scandal. Now he recovered as if it's nothing and is surging again. Tell me, Nick, do we still have a chance? Is there any point in this anymore?"

"We can still win this. Remember, Donald did against all odds." Nick gave him a reassuring smile. "What we need is a good debate next week. It's very importnat that we get that one right, it might be our last chance..." Suddenly, his phone rang, interrupting him. "Excuse me." He picked it up- it was some staffer of his. "John, what is it?"

"Nick, it's urgent! We need to get ahead of this!" The staffer sounded breathless. "Someone found and leaked a tape from 2015, after Obergefell v. Hodges... Mike is heard ranting there about the LGBTQ community, talking to his brother Greg. The press is going to get all over it soon, I'm hearing the New York Times got their hands on it first. This is bad, real bad."

The campaign manager gulped as Mike looked at him with confusion. "Can I hear it, John? I wanna know how bad it is."

"Sure." The staffer connected the phone call to a recording, and it started playing.

"They're all going to burn in hell, I'm telling you." It was the Vice President's voice, alright. "Ginsburg, Kagan, Sotomayor, Breyer and that traitor Kennedy... They're all going to burn in hell for this. What they did today is complete the moral destruction of our country on this issue, and contribute to a great evil in the world."

"So now everyone will have to allow this outrage?" Greg Pence's voice asked. "Even places like Indiana, Alabama, Wyoming, Utah?"

"Yes, exactly. And in my tenure!" Mike raised his voice. "They're forcing so many good Christians to become sinners! It's disgusting. All of this is disgusting, this entire so-called community. LGBT, Q, A, whatever other letters of invented genders they want to add. They're all sinners who corrupt our country with disease and go against our Lord. Their sinful relations are no better than bestiality and pedophilia. They're corrupting our deepest values, and the judges who are helping them will all burn in hell with them!"

The recording ended, and Nick was left with a mouth gaping open. It was a disaster, and the Vice President had to get ahead, apologize and make clear he didn't mean all that... But how was he going to tell Mike?

Governor Pete Buttigieg (D-IN)\Senator Anthony Foxx (D-NC)- 44%%
Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN)\Senator Josh Hawley (R-MO)- 39%
Governor Phil Scott (R\I-VT)\U.S. Rep. Spencer J. Cox (R\I-UT)- 7%
City Councillor Nicholas Sarwark (L-AZ)\Activist Zoltan Istvan (L-CA)- 2%
Other\Undecided- 5%
BUTTIGIEG +5
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #399 on: January 04, 2019, 05:24:52 AM »

"Letters of Inverted Genders". If I had a nickel for every time I heard that I'd be very naked right now.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies