Mayor Pete
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:35:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Mayor Pete
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21
Author Topic: Mayor Pete  (Read 61891 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: January 04, 2019, 06:34:11 AM »

Barack

The former President made himself comfortable, sitting with Michelle in front of the TV. The third Presidential debate was playing, and at the moment Pete Buttigieg was giving a detailed and enthusiastic answer about how he'd reform the country's handling of climate change- transitioning to renewable energy en-masse and taxing fossil fuels, carbon emissions and other harmful materials, with the revenues going back directly to the public in the form of a UBI. It was a revolutionary but tested idea, already implemented in Washington and other states, and he received support from many progressive figures like U.S. Rep. Ocasio Cortez, and Obama liked it too. Climate change needed extreme and quick solutions at this point, and it was passable with a budget reconciliation process, avoiding a filibusted by more conservative Democrats.

"Is it just me being biased," Michelle commented, "or is Pete really nailing it this debate?"

"Well, we're all biased, but yeah." Barack smiled. "He's doing really well. He's concentrating on policy and looking knowledgeable and responsible while constantly sneaking in attacks and subtle refrences to Homphobia Tapes. Pence is basically forced to be on the defensive the entire debate, and his line of showing remorse for the 'words said in anger' while not budging from the anti-same sex marriage position will play poorly. This is the October Surprise to offset their own October Surprise we've been waiting for."

"That sounds great." Michelle laughed. "It's good to have a politics expert at home during these long elections. Sure you don't want to run for Governor or something? You seem to still have an interest for all that."

"Hell no," Barack replied with amusement, "I'm done with all that. We have a new generation of leaders now." He continued watching the debate.

"Governor Buttigieg," David Muir, the debate's moderator, asked. "Your experience is eight years as Mayor of a small city and less than four years as Governor. Your opponent's experience is twelve years in the House of Representatives, four years as Governor and close to eight years as Vice President of the United States. Why do you think that you're better qualified for the Presidency?"

"Well, first of all, I want to say that I absolutely stand behind my experience," Pete said. "Eight years as Mayor of South Bend, leading my city's recovery, taught me a great deal about the real problems of average citizens which most politicians see as small, minor, unimportant. It also taught me that no matter how hard things seem, with hard work and innovative ideas we can solve anything. So like I brought South Bend from stagnation and made it a popular and thriving city, I'm ready to make America a shining city on a hill again, after eight years of Trump's failures. Now, as for the Vice President's experience, there's really nothing to be impressed there. Years in Washington, doing nothing but advancing an extreme agenda that stands against many Americans and harms the working class? Four failed years as Governor, finishing with underwater approvals, running away to Donald Trump's ticket because he knew the people of Indiana would reject him? Then what, eight years as a yes-man for a President who failed our nation again and again? Is this the experience we need? Don't make me laugh. Mike Pence never stood for all Americans, as he proved with his policies, and his shockingly agressive words."

"Americans must not let Governor Buttigieg fool them," Mike answered with a frown. "He paints a rosey picture of his tenure as Mayor, but he was actually a failure who took credit of the actions of others, an elitist who didn't care about his constituents, as we heard in recent weeks. As Governor, he promoted wastefuly and grandiose projects to further his own image. He's nothing but a selfish and ambitious insider. Unlike him, for all of my career I fought for my constituents, no matter who they were. I fought to preserve our economy's growth, our people's freedom and liberty, and our standing in the world. Governor Buttigieg's words show disrespect and disregard to our values and accomplishments as a nation."

"Now, we have to end this segement," Muir said, "and we have an interesting segement now- each candidate will ask the other a question that they have to answer. Governor Buttigieg, you start, as decided by a cointoss."

Pete smiled pleasantly, turning to Mike. "Vice President Pence, I'm part of a very large community in America that we've heard you speaking about with very harsh words last week. Tens of millions of Americans- black and white, rich and poor, rural and urban, from all religions and walks of life- identify as LGBTQ+. Mr. Vice President, can you look me in the eyes and tell me that you believe I, and these millions of Americans you wish to represent as President, are, and I quote, 'all sinners who corrupt our country with disease'? That we are 'going to burn in hell'? That our life and love are 'no better than bestiality and pedophilia'? Mr. Vice President, how can you possibly be President for all Americans when you speak about so many of us with such hatred?!"

Barack Obama exchanged a grin with his wife. It didn't matter what lousy excuse and moralizing BS Pence was going to reply- Buttigieg won the debate with this line, and he won it big.

Who won the 3rd Presidential debate (among debate watchers)?
Governor Pete Buttigieg (D-IN)- 58%
Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN)- 31%
Draw\Undecided- 11%

General Election Polling- National
Governor Pete Buttigieg (D-IN)\Senator Anthony Foxx (D-NC)- 47%%
Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN)\Senator Josh Hawley (R-MO)- 34%
Governor Phil Scott (R\I-VT)\U.S. Rep. Spencer J. Cox (R\I-UT)- 10%
City Councillor Nicholas Sarwark (L-AZ)\Activist Zoltan Istvan (L-CA)- 2%
Businessman Don Blankenship (C-WV)\Fmr. U.S. Rep. Steve Stockman (C-TX)- 1%
Activist Howie Hawkins (G-NY)\Activist Gary Swing (G-AZ)- 0%
Other\Undecided- 6%
BUTTIGIEG +13
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #401 on: January 04, 2019, 07:08:46 AM »

Plot twist: Pence sweeps the tossups despite Buttigieg winning the NPV by double digits.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #402 on: January 04, 2019, 07:38:40 AM »

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #403 on: January 04, 2019, 07:44:51 AM »

Oh my gosh!
So great!
Phil ascending but rigged debates keep him out!
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #404 on: January 04, 2019, 10:02:17 AM »

Please let the ultimate October Surprise be a Pence/Ayers sex tape.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #405 on: January 04, 2019, 11:25:10 AM »
« Edited: January 05, 2019, 01:30:54 PM by Parrotguy »

Brian

"The fake news media is once again trying to undermine us, the Soros money is against us, but our numbers keep raising, rising!" President Trump was shouting in his rally, held in Florida's panhandle. "The economy is great, the national security is great, the jobs are great, and we're no longer being ripped off in the world. In eight years, we've done tremendous things and undone the terrible Obama legacy. But if we want to keep up the progress, we need to elect our beautiful, fantastic Republican nominee, my Vice President Mike Pence, and as many Republicans to congress with him! Mike is great, don't let the fake news media confuse you, and if you want to keep Making America Great Again you need to vote for Mike!"

Representative Brian Mast, the Republican nominee for Senate in Florida, watched Trump's rally from home. He disliked Trump and didn't feel the need to involve him in his own campaign, so he distanced himself from him and campaigned on his own merits. He also distanced himself from Pence, though he still supported him.

But as election day grew closer and closer- it was less than two weeks away- he grew more and more worried. The Vice President somehow recovered from his post-third debate low as the Homophobia Tapes faded, though they were still part of many Democratic attack ads. But it wasn't enough- Mike was still trailing, and importantly for Brian, he was trailing in Florida. Sure, he didn't feel like he needed any coattails from the Presidential nominee and would do just fine against Democrat Chris King on his own, but if Mike did really badly in his state it'd harm him.

As Trump's rambling speech ended and CNN went on a break, an ad started playing. It featured a calm, somehow somber music, followed by couples, in American settings like farms, inner cities and suburban homes, introducing themselves. They were all LGBTQ couples, diverse in race and religion, and while most were same-sex couple, there was, for example, one couple where both the man and the woman were trans. Most were ordinary Americans, but some were more famous- there was Colorado Governor Jared Polis and his partner Marlon Reis with their children, transgender Virginia Delegate Danica Roem and her husband, and finally, Pete Buttigieg and his partner Chasten. After the introductions, they started repeating chosen sentences from the Homphobia Tapes. Then, Delegate Roem looked into the camera. "Vice President Pence, our Vice President who wants to be our President, said all that about us."

"Jared is an entrepreneur and philantropist who created jobs and helped poor students achieve eduaction, with money he earned by hard work, with his ten fingers." Pete Buttigeg spoke. "Mimi and Stacey," he named an African American lesbian couple that appeared in the ad, "both work as doctors, saving lives every day. James is a policeman and Dan is a firefighter, and together they help keep our streets safe."

"Pete Buttigieg," Governor Polis added, "served our country in Afghanistan, something the Vice President never even thought to do. And these are just a bit- the examples are endless."

"Vice President Pence looked us all in the eyes, and said that we ruin this country." Pete continued as images of the many couples started appearing in squares around him and his partner. "He dared to accused us of corrupting this country with disease after his own failure to address an AIDS epidemic in his state. The words he said about all of us, were words of hate."

"Vice President Pence doesn't respect you," Danica Roem finished, and the ad ended.

"I am Pete Buttigieg, and I approve this messege."

Brian Mast sighed. It was a damn good ad, but he couldn't keep worrying about Mike's campaign. He had his own campaign to run, which the Vice President was only hindering so far.

Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN)\Senator Josh Hawley (R-MO)- 38%
Governor Phil Scott (R\I-VT)\U.S. Rep. Spencer J. Cox (R\I-UT)- 8%
Businessman Don Blankenship (C-WV)\Fmr. U.S. Rep. Steve Stockman (C-TX)- 2%
City Councillor Nicholas Sarwark (L-AZ)\Activist Zoltan Istvan (L-CA)- 1%
Other\Undecided- 4%
BUTTIGIEG +9
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #406 on: January 04, 2019, 12:04:17 PM »

Spencer

"So on the one side, you have a ticket promoting radical left policy flanks that restrict the free market and hurt businesses, while on the other side you have a hateful, extreme ticket that attacks millions of Americans and wishes to restrict their rights." Spencer Cox spoke to the large crowd of the Salt Lake City rally. "My friends, the choice is clear- if you want a ticket that loves all Americans, that supports sensible solutions and reforms that can actually pass and be implemented, that wants to usher in real change and progress to our country, over a polarized, stagnating congress, there is only one ticket to vote for: Governor Phil Scott and myself! Let's show all the pundits and the political establishment that we don't give a damn what they think, that we're independent, and elect real leadership! And now, give your best applause to your Governor, Matthew S. Holland! Thank you all!"

The former Lieutenant Governor left the stage and made way to one of their chief surrogates in Utah, Governor Holland. It was the last few days before election day, and Spencer campaigned in Utah like mad, occassionally joined by surrogates like Matthew, former Governor Herbert, the Huntsman family, Senator Romney and others. It actually became a joke in the state that the real ticket running there was Cox\Scott, while in the rest of the country it was Scott\Cox. But it made sense- Phil left him to deliver his homestate and himself traveled the country, trying to increase their ticket's vote share.

It was a big challenge, of course- despite their lawsuit they couldn't get into the debates, and the other two campaigns sucked out most of the media oxygen. Still, Spencer reckoned, they were doing pretty well for an independent run, and with the help of many Utah politicians looked like they could win the state, defeating the overwhelming urge of even moderate Mormon conservatives to vote for the Republican. But the Presidency? Privately, both Spencer and Phil knew that they were never getting close to it, and their biggest fear was that supporters would realize that in the voting booth and get cold feet, supporting a major party candidate instead, thus drastically reducing their vote share from the polls, just like what happened to many third party candidates before them.

At least, Cox thought, Pence wouldn't win. After these recordings, the U.S. Representative privately decided that Pete was definitely preferable. And as the race remained pretty stagnant in its last two weeks, only finding a slow recovery for Pence but with the Democrat maintaining his lead, it looked likely that the end result would be a Buttigieg victory. But who knew... things happened in the past.

Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN)\Senator Josh Hawley (R-MO)- 39%
Governor Phil Scott (R\I-VT)\U.S. Rep. Spencer J. Cox (R\I-UT)- 8%
Other\Undecided- 3%
BUTTIGIEG +8
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #407 on: January 04, 2019, 12:07:44 PM »

But who knew... things happened in the past.
Oh, man, I hate it when I'm right.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #408 on: January 04, 2019, 12:57:36 PM »
« Edited: January 04, 2019, 01:23:31 PM by Parrotguy »

Joe

The crowd was absolutely massive, its cheerig deafening. They rented the biggest stadium in South Bend, Indiana, and it was full to the brim, with large crowds standing outside it and listening to the rally inside. They brought in the full slate of high-profile surrogates and Democratic stars to give rousing speeches- former President Obama and his wife, former Vice President Biden, Kirsten Gillibrand, Stacey Abrams, Jason Kander, Beto O'Rourke, Kyrsten Sinema, Gretchen Whitmer and others, as well as, obviously, Pete Buttigieg himself and his running mate Anthony Foxx.

Joe Donnelly himself already spoke, being one of the earliest speakers, right before their gubernatorial nominee, Lieutenant Governor Linda Lawson. It was a great rally, and every speech was better tha nthe one before it. Right now, he was watching Chasten Glezman talking about his husband right before introducing him, in the final part of the rally.

It was a smart idea- instead of holding a generic rally in a key swing state, the Buttigieg campaign decided that the final rally will be in the city where he started his career. It showed that he remembered his roots and reinforced the image of the down-to-earth, hardworking Mayor Pete. With such a large crowd and high-profile speakers, it was a media spectacle that drew positive attention away from whatever Pence and Scott were doing, giving them more momentum in the final day of campaigning, a very crucial day.

But as happy as he felt for Pete, Joe couldn't help but be a bit disappointed. He knew that tomorrow, in all likelihood, would be his day of defeat- while Pence's weakness and his own brand should've given him a chance, Donnelly's internals showed that Holcomb was just too strong an opponent, and he kept trailing in the internals. Barring an upset, he was bracing for defeat.

Luckily, his attention was drawn away from these thoughts as Chasten finished his speech. "So now I want to introduce the Governor of Indiana, the former Mayor of our wonderful city, my husband and the love of my life, the next President of the United States- Pete Buttigieg!" The crowd cheered harder than ever, giving Joe some hope for the future.

Governor Pete Buttigieg (D-IN)\Senator Anthony Foxx (D-NC)- 48%
Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN)\Senator Josh Hawley (R-MO)- 39%
Governor Phil Scott (R\I-VT)\U.S. Rep. Spencer J. Cox (R\I-UT)- 7%
Other\Undecided- 3%
BUTTIGIEG +9
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #409 on: January 04, 2019, 01:25:47 PM »

Jason

It was election day.

Governor Jason Kander was absolutely exhausted- what with aggressively campaigning for his own re-election and with serving as Pete's campaign chairman and campaigning for him, his schedule was packed with rallies, townhalls and fundraisers, leaving almost no time to breath. Now he finally cast his ballot- Pete Buttigieg for President, Jason Kander for Governor, Clint Zweifel for Senator, Democrats for all other offices. All that was left was wait.

Jason contemplated the journey they went through the past two years, and you could say four years- after Gillibrand was defeated by Trump, he was the first person to really make Pete Buttigieg think about a Presidential bid, and he truly believed in him. It took Pete a while to get used to the idea, and then he took time on the trail to gather the confidence to really campaign hard, but once he did, he proved Kander was right. When he saw their nominee in that South Bend rally last night, he felt truly hopeful. With a Democratic congress and the capable hands of Buttigeg on the wheel, they could really make change in America.

Ironically, he found himself worrying about the race up the ballot more than his own re-election, even though his race remained tight to the last second. After all, it was much more crucial for America's future that Pete beats Pence, and in the end, his own career wouldn't be over. The Democratic nominee already promsied him that if he's unseated, he'd receive a high-ranking cabinet position.

For the past days, they all did tremendous effort- while the Pence campaign focused hard on dozens of events in the rustbelt and sunbelt states Trump won and they needed to keep, the Buttigieg campaign tried to expand the map, focusing on states from Michigan to Georgia, from Ohio to Texas, from Iowa to Arizona. They did what they could, and now they were all ready to face the decisions of the voters on election night.

Dixville Notch, New Hampshire results
Governor Pete Buttigieg (D-IN)\Senator Anthony Foxx (D-NC)- 7 Votes
Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN)\Senator Josh Hawley (R-MO)- 4 Votes
Governor Phil Scott (R\I-VT)\U.S. Rep. Spencer J. Cox (R\I-UT)- 3 Votes
City Councillor Nicholas Sarwark (L-AZ)\Activist Zoltan Istvan (L-CA)- 1 Vote

Author's Note: It's done! After what I believe is a whole year, we've finally reached election night 2024 in a timeline I started as a mini project Smiley I'll start writing the election night posts soon enough, but until then- feel free to suggest a format! Do you want me to do live coverage by PoVs like I did for election nights so far? Maybe normal coverage by CNN anchors like in Four More Years? Or just a few effortposts summarizing the results?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #410 on: January 04, 2019, 01:25:53 PM »

I will go to the polls.......
(And with some trepidation)
Vote for Phil
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #411 on: January 04, 2019, 01:48:24 PM »

Effortposts would be okay with me, but I want to hear what others think.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #412 on: January 04, 2019, 01:51:55 PM »

Do full election night coverage in the way you did with Four More Years.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #413 on: January 04, 2019, 02:14:40 PM »

Four More Years format, please.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #414 on: January 04, 2019, 02:22:02 PM »

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #415 on: January 04, 2019, 02:29:14 PM »

Great job Parrotguy!
Also a combo of Four More Years and the status quo
Also Phil win Utah please....
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #416 on: January 04, 2019, 04:42:42 PM »

Also, while that ad is amazing.
I feel like it must just energize social conservatives.
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #417 on: January 04, 2019, 06:05:53 PM »

Dixville Notch has 12 people. 2016 had 8 votes total, so the amount here seems a bit much.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #418 on: January 04, 2019, 06:11:57 PM »

Dixville Notch has 12 people. 2016 had 8 votes total, so the amount here seems a bit much.

I assumed they saw some growth up until 2024, which is a long time from now. Teenagers coming of age etc
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #419 on: January 05, 2019, 08:26:10 AM »

ELECTION NIGHT, Part I

Knowles: Hello to everyone at home, and welcome to CNN's coverage of election night 2020! After months of a grueling campaign season, we're at the final stage. Today, voters across the nation went to the polls to detremine who will be their next President- will it be Republican Vice President Mike Pence, vying to earn a third term for his party in the White House and inherit the job of his boss, President Donald Trump? Will it be Democratic Governor Pete Buttigieg, hoping to reclaim the White House and enact sweeping left-wing reforms with the help of a legislature many think will be friendly? Or maybe it'll be one of the third-party candidates, including Republican Governor Phil Scott's indpenedent campaign? I am Melissa Knowles, and these are Jake Tapper, Harry Enten, Anderson Cooper and Dana Bash. Stay with us!

Tapper: And now, as we reach the 6 PM hour, we can already begin reporting results from two states that close some of their polls early- Kentucky and Indiana. While both are considered Republican bastions normally, Pete Buttigieg is the Hoosier State's popular Governor and thus made the state very competitive this cycle, despite facing off against another former Governor of the same state. So right now, we classify Kentucky as too early to call and Indiana as too close to call.

United States 2024 Presidential Election Map

Indiana Presidential Election (1% Reporting)- TOO CLOSE TO CALL
Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN)- 49.7%
Governor Pete Buttigieg (D-IN)- 42.4%
Governor Phil Scott (I-VT)- 4.3%

Kentucky Presidential Election (1% Reporting)- TOO EARLY TO CALL
Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN)- 55.6%
Governor Pete Buttigieg (D-IN)- 37.5%
Governor Phil Scott (I-VT)- 3.5%

Cooper: We also have important down-ballot races in Indiana- the Senate race between incumbent Democrat Joe Donnelly and his Republican challenger, former Governor Eric Holcomb, and the gubernatorial battle between Lieutenant Governor Linda Lawson and U.S. Rep. Greg Pence, the Republican nominee's brother. Both are, right now, too close to call.

Indiana Senate Race (1% Reporting)- TOO CLOSE TO CALL
Fmr. Governor Eric Holcomb (R)- 55.1%
Senator Joe Donnelly* (D)- 43.2%

Indiana Gubernatorial Race (1% Reporting)- TOO CLOSE TO CALL
U.S. Rep. Greg Pence (R)*- 50.8%
Lieutenant Governor Linda Lawson (D)- 46.9%
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #420 on: January 05, 2019, 09:19:49 AM »

1. Who killed Wolf?
2. Looks like based off early numbers that Lawson and Pete will win, and Donnelly will lose
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #421 on: January 05, 2019, 09:21:43 AM »

1. Who killed Wolf?
2. Looks like based off early numbers that Lawson and Pete will win, and Donnelly will lose
I think he retired
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #422 on: January 06, 2019, 06:07:53 AM »
« Edited: January 06, 2019, 08:43:37 AM by Parrotguy »

ELECTION NIGHT, Part II

Tapper: ...Thank you, CNN analysts Rick Santorum and Terry McAuliffe. And now, as we advance through the night, we've reached the 7 PM hour, and we have poll closings in several major states, as well as the rest of the voting sites in Indiana and Kentucky. Right now, we can make a few projections- we can call the state of Vermont for Governor Pete Buttigeg, the Democrat, while the states of Florida, Georgia, Virginia and South Carolina remain too close to call. Vermont is actually home to Governor Phil Scott, who's mounting a strong independent bid, but the state is just too democratic in federal elections for him to have any chance. He is projected to come second, though.

Bash: And these are some of the most important states of the night. Both Florida and Georgia are likely to be very close, and could decide the fate of the election- Florida has always been an ultimate swing state, while Georgia moved left in recent years and turned from a Republican fortress to a swing state. Harry, what are you seeing in Florida?

Enten: Well, as of now it's not really surprising- the Democrats are holding an early lead, but this is because most of the areas reporting are urban and suburban. The rural parts of the panhandle aren't closing their polls until 8 PM.

United States 2024 Presidential Election Map

Florida Presidential Election (1% Reporting)- TOO CLOSE TO CALL
Governor Pete Buttigieg (D-IN)- 48.4%
Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN)- 42.8%
Governor Phil Scott (I-VT)- 5.9%

Georgia Presidential Election (1% Reporting)- TOO CLOSE TO CALL
Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN)- 53.7%
Governor Pete Buttigieg (D-IN)- 35.0-%
Governor Phil Scott (I-VT)- 7.5%

Indiana Presidential Election (10% Reporting)- TOO CLOSE TO CALL
Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN)- 47.6%
Governor Pete Buttigieg (D-IN)- 43.5%
Governor Phil Scott (I-VT)- 5.7%

Kentucky Presidential Election (9% Reporting)- TOO EARLY TO CALL
Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN)- 56.1%
Governor Pete Buttigieg (D-IN)- 37.3%
Governor Phil Scott (I-VT)- 3.4%

South Carolina Presidential Election (1% Reporting)- TOO CLOSE TO CALL
Governor Pete Buttigieg (D-IN)- 53.8%
Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN)- 31.8%
Governor Phil Scott (I-VT)- 11.4%

Vermont Presidential Election (1% Reporting)- DEMOCRATIC WIN
Governor Pete Buttigieg (D-IN)- 61.4% ✓
Governor Phil Scott (I-VT)- 30.3%
Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN)- 7.2%

Virginia Presidential Election (1% Reporting)- TOO CLOSE TO CALL
Vice President Mike Pence (R-IN)- 46.6%
Governor Pete Buttigieg (D-IN)- 41.9%
Governor Phil Scott (I-VT)- 9.1%

Knowles: And of course, there are some major downballot races in these states. While Indiana's Senate and gubernatorial races remain too close to call, in Florida, the Senate race between Republican Brian Mast and Demcorat Chris King remains too close to call as well, as is the Senate race between Republican Scott Taylor and Democrat Abigail Spanberger in Virginia. Vermont's three-way gubernatorial race between Democrat Kiah Morris, Republican Dustin Allard Degree and Progressive David Zuckerman is also too close to call.

Florida Senate Race (1% Reporting)- TOO CLOSE TO CALL
Lt. Gov. Chris King (D)- 53.5%
U.S. Rep. Brian Mast (R)- 45.7%

Indiana Senate Race (10% Reporting)- TOO CLOSE TO CALL
Fmr. Governor Eric Holcomb (R)- 52.4%
Senator Joe Donnelly* (D)- 45.0%

Virginia Senate Race (1% Reporting)- TOO CLOSE TO CALL
Fmr. U.S. Rep. Scott Taylor (R)- 51.7%
U.S. Rep. Abigail Spanberger (D)- 47.2%

Indiana Gubernatorial Race (10% Reporting)- TOO CLOSE TO CALL
U.S. Rep. Greg Pence (R)- 50.0%
Lieutenant Governor Linda Lawson (D)- 48.1%