Rubio demographic study, polling data, etc for early primary states (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:58:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Rubio demographic study, polling data, etc for early primary states (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rubio demographic study, polling data, etc for early primary states  (Read 760 times)
muon2
Atlas Icon

« on: April 13, 2015, 07:51:13 AM »

My board is up to the challenge. Wink I'll add it to my reading list.

Without reading it, my reaction to the NV SSM-by-age data is probably more about party identification. Middle-aged Pubs are more likely to hold on to their party ID and let their social views evolve with the county. Younger voters are in the process of creating their sense of party ID, and will gravitate to the one that matches their views. So younger voters are more likely to select the GOP if they have views in line with the positions perceived as the core including opposition to SSM.
muon2
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 08:18:34 AM »

My board is up to the challenge. Wink I'll add it to my reading list.

Without reading it, my reaction to the NV SSM-by-age data is probably more about party identification. Middle-aged Pubs are more likely to hold on to their party ID and let their social views evolve with the county. Younger voters are in the process of creating their sense of party ID, and will gravitate to the one that matches their views. So younger voters are more likely to select the GOP if they have views in line with the positions perceived as the core including opposition to SSM.

The anomaly just appears in NV however. NH goes the other way rather dramatically for example. Young Pubs are much more supportive of SSM than older Pubs.

So I would assume they are identifying as Pubs for reasons unrelated to social issues. It seems to be the case the New England Pubs have been working for some time to downplay social issues in their party.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies