What're you wearing right now?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 11:09:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What're you wearing right now?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15
Author Topic: What're you wearing right now?  (Read 35752 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2010, 01:28:21 PM »

Besides, I didn't move from Ohio to Las Vegas for an exciting new career in fixing people's computers.

What on earth?  You moved to Las Vagas?  Your life is a complete mystery to me.  In the first place, I thought you were a teenager or early 20-something, so I can't see how you would get a job at all, and in the second place I thought Las Vegas had collapsed economically so that there were no jobs.

Do you deal out the cards or throw that little ball in to the Roulette machine?

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2010, 12:46:44 PM »

Well I never received an answer from JR about the Las Vagas thing, but I'm bumping this thread. 

It is raining a LOT here lately, so I've been experimenting with various wet-weather outfits.  I have a big orange poncho which fully covers my upper torso and head, so only the trousers are the only issue, and heavier pants such as khakis get too heavy when wet and take too long to dry out.  I dug up a pair of old gray seventies-ish 100% polyester pants, and they're great for wet weather - dry out quickly.

So, green three button polo with pocket, old light-gray polyester pants, a navy blue light windbreaker, and red traditional Thai all-rubber flip-flops.  The poncho's with the bike.

Thai rubber flip flops, about $2.25 each:

J-Mann
United States

« Reply #127 on: August 09, 2010, 12:59:52 PM »

Well I never received an answer from JR about the Las Vagas thing, but I'm bumping this thread. 

It is raining a LOT here lately, so I've been experimenting with various wet-weather outfits.  I have a big orange poncho which fully covers my upper torso and head, so only the trousers are the only issue, and heavier pants such as khakis get too heavy when wet and take too long to dry out.  I dug up a pair of old gray seventies-ish 100% polyester pants, and they're great for wet weather - dry out quickly.

So, green three button polo with pocket, old light-gray polyester pants, a navy blue light windbreaker, and red traditional Thai all-rubber flip-flops.  The poncho's with the bike.

Thai rubber flip flops, about $2.25 each:

Ugh, seriously? Every time this thread gets bumped, I happen to be completely naked. And again ... without fail. Naked.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #128 on: August 09, 2010, 01:31:37 PM »

Ugh, seriously? Every time this thread gets bumped, I happen to be completely naked. And again ... without fail. Naked.

You're sitting there Jay-bird and you say 'ugh' to my comfortable attire?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2010, 01:43:11 PM »

You're sitting there Jay-bird and you say 'ugh' to my comfortable attire?

I was saying "ugh" to the thread coming up again at the most inappropriate time for me!

Never fear ... I'm all dressed now:

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2010, 01:45:41 PM »

Never fear ... I'm all dressed now:

Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #131 on: August 10, 2010, 05:06:34 AM »

Decent clothes:

Dark blues jeans.

Blue T-shirt, softer blue, and not in cotton, of this kind of matter that can be football jerseys, well I checked the label on it, it says 100% polyester, and well, 'Made in Laos'. One-colored blue, with a small 'Umbro' logo, that is typically the stuff I wouldn't have bought myself, but once offered I don't mind to wear it at all.

Black rubber flip-flop, just slightly more expensive than the Thai ones, I remember, it was last year in the middle to end of summer, I was looking for good solid flip-flops, but couldn't find anything left, then I took this, for 3€ it's ok.

Nothing else, as sometimes, it happens.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #132 on: August 10, 2010, 09:15:30 AM »

Black t-shirt with this hand on it. Without the globe, though. And facing the other way.

Khaki shorts (the type that reach just over the knees.)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #133 on: August 11, 2010, 01:32:26 PM »

Dark blue washed wool dress trousers, very roomy, with a worn out soft old medium brown polo shirt with some thin light grey & burgundy horizontal stripes.  and green Thai rubber flip flops.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #134 on: August 13, 2010, 04:47:01 PM »

Lets not give up on this one, guys.

Tonight I'm wearing very dark brown second hand Asian pleated  cotton-blend trousers, a hideous busy golf-polo, with a diagonal plaid of blue-green and dark-blue with a bit of yellow in it (eminently comfortable though), and green Thai rubber flip-flops.  Rainy days here in Thailand, cool humid weather.. been using my light windbreakers a lot.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #135 on: August 14, 2010, 05:10:41 AM »

Classical blue jeans, with softer blue than usual jeans, due in part to wear, I like when the blue is this shade.

Old yellow T-shirt, bought in 1999, just before going to the music festival of Francofolies de La Rochelle (one of the big ones in France). 11 years later, still here, but really worn out, small holes in the top back.

And well, since days are freshy nowadays, and since I'm not far from the open window from which sometimes comes a freshy wind, blue fleece jacket over the t-shirt. Fleece jackets are an other of these stuffs that I wouldn't have bought myself, offered too then, but well, that remains convenient, and not unpleasant to wear.

Nude feet in comfy slippers.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #136 on: August 14, 2010, 05:17:28 AM »

The answer to this question is jean shorts, Tshirt and a flannel 85% of the time.
11% undies and Tshirt.
3% Levi 501s, Tshirt and a flannel. (higher in the winter...but not that much higher)
1% other.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #137 on: August 14, 2010, 12:27:36 PM »

Free balling in tight jeans at the moment.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #138 on: August 14, 2010, 01:01:43 PM »
« Edited: August 14, 2010, 01:03:43 PM by opebo »

This thread doesn't have to be gay, Torie.

But speaking of jeans:

I can't stand most blue-jean dungarees, and in particular the Levis 501 type - they're a ridiculous shape, riding low and gripping all one's nether's tightly.  The height of discomfort.  True, I wear my trousers low, but I wear roomy, full cut big pocket trousers a size or so bigger than I would have to.  Perhaps my 'balls' are 'freeer' than yours even with my decent and proper J.C. Penney traditional boxers (usually the most expensive item in my ensemble).

Speaking of which.. though I'm in my office, it is late night and holiday time, and the door is locked, so I have set my trousers on the desktop, leaving me attired in same with just a fine collectible brown 70s polo and my red office sandals - the kind without the thing between the toes.

Btw, Bunoawah, you sound very French in your attire.  As I understand it the French to not wear second hand clothes.  Why is this?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #139 on: August 14, 2010, 01:07:34 PM »

Just a pair of shorts, at the moment. I do need to get dressed and get something to eat, though, before I start cleaning my house today. Once I find the energy to get out of bed, it'll be a t-shirt, jeans and flip-flops.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #140 on: August 14, 2010, 01:39:39 PM »

Who said I was wearing anything?  LOL
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #141 on: August 14, 2010, 03:34:30 PM »

Btw, Bunoawah, you sound very French in your attire.  As I understand it the French to not wear second hand clothes.  Why is this?

Oh they do, I would even say that became more and more trendy during the last decade, especially for girls, and a kind of 'second-hand/vintage clothes fashion'  really rose, but still mainly for girls, and well, for a kind of girls mainly.

Though, if it grew during the last years it's not yet a reflex still yes, French remain Western (well, human beings) consumers who would first go to the shop for new items. And I must say I'm kinda the same, when I need clothes I rarely have the second-hand shops reflex, I know some, and some good ones, with not expensive good second-hand clothes in it, but dunno, I rarely go when I need clothes.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #142 on: August 14, 2010, 04:03:48 PM »

This thread doesn't have to be gay, Torie.

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: August 14, 2010, 06:01:14 PM »

You twin homophobes you. Who knew?  Tongue

Opebo, you are just so conservative about some things aren't you?  How did that happen? 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #144 on: August 14, 2010, 06:04:12 PM »

You twin homophobes you. Who knew?  Tongue

Opebo, you are just so conservative about some things aren't you?  How did that happen? 

No I like 'gay', but I prefer my gays to be dressed up adorably, not all macho and shirtless, etc.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: August 14, 2010, 06:10:14 PM »

OK pal. Sartorial tastes differ. But you objected to gay qua gay, not the specific sartorial choice, so I assume you appreciate the source of my confusion. Cheers.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #146 on: August 15, 2010, 12:04:19 PM »

OK pal. Sartorial tastes differ. But you objected to gay qua gay, not the specific sartorial choice, so I assume you appreciate the source of my confusion. Cheers.

Great point, and you're exactly right.  My mistake.  I guess I would like to focus in this thread on ones obsession with one's clothes, not with one's abs or balls.

Today I'm wearing a very old and worn pair of roomy Dockers, my blue Death Cab For Cutie T-shirt (with an aeroplane on it), and a pair of black and neon green flip-flops.  (oh and I have to admit I am 'free balling', but not because of homosexuality - rather, I actually shat my boxers earlier due to diarrhea.. come to think of it that does sound a bit gay).
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #147 on: August 15, 2010, 11:15:42 PM »

Clothes are all about abs and balls Opebo. Didn't you know that? 
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #148 on: August 16, 2010, 10:26:00 AM »
« Edited: August 16, 2010, 10:27:55 AM by Bunwoah »

Today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68ugkg9RePc

Same blue jeans than last time.

Comfortable one-colored blue polo, rather dark blue, in thick cotton, pretty nice, just slightly too short sleeves.

Nude feet in comfy slippers, very dark blue ones.

And if it comes to be freshy I'll put a one-colored blue pullover, just slightly more blue than these blue jeans. Not wool one, I checked it's 100% acrylic, and made in Bangladesh this time.

Only boxers differ, grey.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #149 on: November 09, 2010, 10:58:09 AM »

Lovely old pair of slate-blue but slightly heathered Haggar brand slacks, circay 1982 or so I'd guess and 70/30 polyester/wool; a brown plaid Van Heusen long sleeve shirt, an old dark blue golf cardigan, and very destroyed old Thai-knockoff black Converse, no socks, red plaid boxers.

Actually wore a good sized London Fog khaki jacket and black woolen scarf as well on the motorbike on the way to the office this evening - it has been getting down into the sixties at night lately.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies