VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:25:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th)  (Read 164343 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

« on: February 15, 2017, 02:07:28 PM »

Well, I guess I have to switch my support to Northam now.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 04:03:15 AM »

Lol, Perriello wins over Trump voter with $15 minimum wage:

"Twelve hours later, Perriello entered a rest stop in rural Ashland with his hair disheveled, tie removed, and voice groggy and bordering on slurring. No customers to be found at 2:15 a.m., he introduced himself to the clerk staffing the convenience store.

“How’s your job?” he asked.

“I make $9.66 an hour after working for years,” Candace Niles, 27, said with a sigh. “I’m a single mom with three kids.”

“Would it change your life much if minimum wage was $15 an hour?” Perriello asked, referencing a policy he and Northam support but Republicans in the legislature oppose.

“Fifteen dollars, that would be amazing,” Niles said. “This job sucks.”

Niles said she doesn’t pay much attention to politics and probably hasn’t voted in state races, but she backed Trump in November because he seemed to have her interests at heart. Even though Perriello is an outspoken Trump critic (and he didn’t mention the president or his Democratic affiliation), Niles said he won her vote just by suggesting policies that could help."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/virginia-gubernatorial-candidates-make-final-pitches-before-tuesdays-primary/2017/06/11/be207142-4c56-11e7-a186-60c031eab644_story.html?hpid=hp_local-news_vagovpush640pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.65474a9d7192

I think I'll be really sad when this guy loses due to be outspent by Northam. If you're in Virginia guys vote Perriello. Please!
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 03:31:27 PM »

It probably means he will run for office in the future and keep being a thorn in the side of Virginia Republicans.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 03:43:53 AM »

Beet's analysis of VA-Gov, greatest hits:

I think I'll be really sad when this guy loses due to be outspent by Northam. If you're in Virginia guys vote Perriello. Please!

Don't be surprised if Gillespie narrowly wins in November.

You be the judge. Am I the smartest one here when it comes to American politics, or what? Uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh. Badabing Badaboom, baby.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies