Parents Forcing You To Go To A Certain School? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:14:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Parents Forcing You To Go To A Certain School? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Parents Forcing You To Go To A Certain School?  (Read 1777 times)
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« on: August 14, 2008, 06:08:43 PM »

Right or wrong?

I'll explain my situation. I have gone to a Charter school for three years and I hate it. There is too much busy work, the teachers are assholes, and lots of the kids are pretty lame too. I really dislike it and I feel very depressed often because of the high workload, and lack of fun. Well anyways I went to public school for elementary and I did fine. I had plenty of friends and its not like there was any "trouble" at my school. Hell it is rich, McMansion suburbia how the hell would it be bad for me if I went there for public school? I tried talking my parents into letting me go for High School because Charter has little AP classes because the school is small and of course I want to have more fun in my last 4 years of being a kid. Well anyways my parents gave me extremely BS explanations("The class sizes are too large") and are making me stay for another year(they said this in 7th and 8th grade too).

I know this sounds very angsty and all but really is this situation very fair if the public schools are fine, I really want to go there, and I actually have depression issues because of it?
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 06:40:03 PM »

Not enough emo kids at the charter school?  I know brother, I felt misunderstood back in the 3rd grade too
Listening to Pop Punk=emo?

okay....
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 10:55:43 PM »

meh my Dad isn't very reasonable. Essentially he is blaming everything on my Mom and says I have to stay for another year. He continues to ignore everything I say and insists I am making it up and that there is nothing wrong with my school. He is also selfish saying that I better not ruin his golf tournament by arguing with him.

Yeah Boss Tweed is right all parents are assholes.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 11:01:18 PM »

meh my Dad isn't very reasonable. Essentially he is blaming everything on my Mom and says I have to stay for another year. He continues to ignore everything I say and insists I am making it up and that there is nothing wrong with my school. He is also selfish saying that I better not ruin his golf tournament by arguing with him.

There may very well be nothing wrong with your school. I mean, how bad could it be?
Read my first post. The whole idea is that the public school would be better anyways not that my school is terrible. In many ways(socially and teacher wise) it is and in other areas it isn't.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 11:55:13 PM »

There may very well be nothing wrong with your school. I mean, how bad could it be?
Read my first post. The whole idea is that the public school would be better anyways not that my school is terrible. In many ways(socially and teacher wise) it is and in other areas it isn't.
well, the grass always seems greener on the other side. Just saying.
Yeah but the whole idea is that I want this to be my choice and they have no reasoning for their opinion really.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies