Is this acceptable language of political discourse? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:56:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is this acceptable language of political discourse? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Is this acceptable language of political discourse?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 45

Author Topic: Is this acceptable language of political discourse?  (Read 6232 times)
Link
« on: September 05, 2011, 08:59:41 PM »

Jimmy Hoffa Jr. in a warm up speech for President Barack H. Obama

"We got to keep an eye on the battle that we face: The war on workers. And you see it everywhere, it is the Tea Party.

And you know, there is only one way to beat and win that war. The one thing about working people is we like a good fight.

And you know what? They've got a war, they got a war with us and there's only going to be one winner. It's going to be the workers of Michigan, and America. We're going to win that war,"

"President Obama, this is your army. We are ready to march. Let's take these son of bitches out and give America back to an America where we belong,"

no.  It is not.
Link
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 09:00:47 PM »

This.

But it's still wrong for an opening for any president.
Link
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 09:03:46 PM »

That's maybe 1/10 as unacceptable as stuff you hear all the time from the Tea Party, if even that.

I hear you, but I think both parties should have a zero tolerance policy for this type of rhetoric.
Link
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 11:18:50 PM »

Mr. Hoffa is within his 1st Amendment right to speak, equally, the independent is no longer under any perceived threat of the union or a member of a union. Organized labor's declaration to take out, to deny the civil rights of the citizen, said citizen has now, the warranted 2nd Amendment right to exercise without prejudice at first sight of a union, member of or as a group to be understood, when in the presence of or approached by the union or member, to be in imminent threat to its person, family or property to act accordingly.

Seriously I can't take it anymore.  Is this for real or is this some kind of sick gag?  Are you using Google translate to convert Romanian into English?  Just let us know what the deal is.  We will help you.  Every time I read these posts I worry.  We just want to help.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies