Gingrich says he fears an atheist country dominated by radical Islamists (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:09:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Gingrich says he fears an atheist country dominated by radical Islamists (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gingrich says he fears an atheist country dominated by radical Islamists  (Read 5102 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 28, 2011, 08:48:06 PM »

isn't  gingrich an atheist...or does he just live like one in real life?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 08:53:04 PM »

why is all this hitting right after my media/muslim thread?  r they just doing this to parody me , or r they trying to look totally crazy in order to make me look sane in comparison?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 09:07:51 PM »

this is what I think is happening: the right has witnessed the, since the egypt thing, the left embrace the muslim street, and that has alarmed the right because the right understands the the determination of faith and the dangers of religious extremism...the left doesn't realize they r playing with fire by embracing the islamic street
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 10:02:48 PM »

don't know what he said about libya, but obama is siding with the opposition w/o placing demands or expectations on the opposition...in other words, obama doesn't know anything about the side he is supporting
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 10:32:17 PM »

how many virgins do the radical atheists get?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

This man could confuse steam and ice and see nothing absurd in doing so.

Meltdown!

i've thought about translating his statement down to your level over the last week, but it's been too much fun watching you make a fool out of yourself
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 11:12:10 PM »

I disagree with Gingrich.  I doubt it'll get that bad here, but it'll get close.  We'll probably have some atheist presidents in our future, but I don't see radical Islam taking root in America.

not what he meant.....next
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 11:25:53 PM »

Oh, oops, that's what I get for not reading the entire thread and/or article.

dont worry, apparently, the others didnt understand either.  This is what Newt said:

"I am convinced that if we do not decisively win the struggle over the nature of America, by the time [my grandchildren are] my age they will be in a secular atheist country, potentially one dominated by radical Islamists and with no understanding of what it once meant to be an American."

of course, Newt's timeline is way off, for Newt may not have to wait more than 10 years for his fears to come true.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 11:49:39 PM »

@jmfcst: I still hold by my statement that atheism != Islam or, to put it more eloquently, a firmly secular nation a la the Czech Republic is no breeding ground for radical Islam or any sort of radical religion.  I don't know why you think that will apparently happen in 10 years when such a logical conundrum seems next to impossible.

all it takes is for the Dems to view the small group of Muslims as the swing vote and kowtow to their wants.  we've seen it with other groups in the past:  the gays, the Zionists (which include me), teacher unions, etc, etc.   but the difference is that with Islam, you have something that at its core, doesn't believe in the freedom of religion/speech/press....so he wasn't equating atheism and Islam, or confusing steam and ice....he was simply saying what I had been saying the whole week before he made his comments.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies