Viable Centrist Third Option in 2008 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:20:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Viable Centrist Third Option in 2008 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would you consider votting which independent candiates?
Wyatt Chesney

Daniel Imperato

Aaron Russo

Jim Gilchrist

None

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 24

Author Topic: Viable Centrist Third Option in 2008  (Read 4312 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 15, 2006, 10:19:24 PM »

Chesney:
- Supports cracking down a illegal immigration through the economic pressuring of Mexico.  I agree, as long as the pressure includes pushing US companies further into Mexico to create a job base in their country while increasing US profits through cheaper labor.
- Supports giving businesses that do not outsource jobs a 10% tax benefit. I disagree.  We should not reward nor punish companies for being international.
- Supports a 10% tax penalty on all companies that make a profit from the exploitation of fossil fuels. How do they define explotation?  In general, I would have to disagree since like all commodities, oil should be market driven.
- Supports large scale funding and research for renewable energy production and environmental protection. I agree in principal, but it would have to depend on what their proposal is.  We need to have a Manhattan Project style for hydrogen development.
- Though he is openly pro-choice and pro-gay, Wyatt strongly opposes all federal intervention in such social issues implying that they are for the states to decide.  I agree to a point.  There should be a national minimum standard, and then the states can expand on those any way they wish.
- Wyatt supports protection of the Second Ammendment and opposes gun control other than that of background checks.  I disagree, but it's not a major issue.
- Supports installing a PAYGO government spending system to replace the "Borrow and Spend".  I have no problem with that.  Throw in Presidential Line Item Veto, and you've got a deal.
- Supports cutting taxes for the middle and lower classes.  I disagree.  Cut taxes for everyone.
- Opposes NAFTA as well as CAFTA. He sees them as "tools for outsourcing" that ultimently hurt American employment.  One of my biggest gripes with Perot.  We should have free trade with most nations in the world.  Anything short of that is borderline isolationism.

Imperato (he has a lot of issues on his website, so I will post the first item and then discuss the whole group):
- Increase trade agreements with other foreign nations and trade organizations.  I agree with most of his positions on foreign trade.
- Government subsidized pre-fab housing developments.  I'm fairly neutral on government housing.  If the government is to provide housing when the time calls for it, pre-fab houses are a much better option compared to trailers or custom-built houses.
- Institute mandatory labor unions provisions within our trade agreements (NAFTA, CAFTA, etc.) with other nations ( Mexico, Central & South American countries). I disagree.  We do not need to empower such a tiny group of the US labor pool over the majority.  Large unions are a dying breed and are woefully inefficient.
- Establish better relations with foreign nations so that the United States is seen as an ally of the world.  I agree with most of this.  It basically mirrors Bush's agenda.
- Fostering a culture that provides for religious tolerance.  Again I agree, and that this mirrors Bush's policies.
- Institute a disciplined plan to balance the budget.  I am all for a balanced budget and accounting reform.  He talks about manipulating the trade level, which goes against my free-trade beliefs.  I do agree that better education and protections for the public in regards to credit cards are important.
- Government Jobs program that promotes American jobs, consumer safety, and environmental protection. I have no real issues with his proposals.  I'm just curious what his views on free trade are.
- Developing the use of alternative energy resources. I agree with these.
- Leading the world towards democracy by example not by force.  I agree with all except for his "exit strategy" comment.  It sounds as if he wants to cut and run. He would need to explain this one to me.

(Ok, I can keep going on, but it's getting late.  Look here for additional comments tomorrow.)

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies