Official GOP Gloating Thread. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:48:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Official GOP Gloating Thread. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official GOP Gloating Thread.  (Read 2446 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: November 04, 2014, 11:57:11 PM »

So as I stated in the other thread, the polls haven't been meaningfully biased in favor of Democrats since 2002. That seems like a trend to me.

Huh? If you were going to quote one of my posts to mock, couldn't you have picked a better one than something that was literally a fact until tonight?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 12:05:03 AM »

So as I stated in the other thread, the polls haven't been meaningfully biased in favor of Democrats since 2002. That seems like a trend to me.

Huh? If you were going to quote one of my posts to mock, couldn't you have picked a better one than something that was literally a fact until tonight?

I am not taking partisan delight so much as delight in those with fallacious understanding of statistics eating it. Your attempts to extrapolate a trend from such a small sample size amuses me.

That's what politics is about, buddy. Presidential elections as a whole are an extremely small sample size. Does that mean people should stop analyzing them?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 12:18:07 AM »

I am not taking partisan delight so much as delight in those with fallacious understanding of statistics eating it. Your attempts to extrapolate a trend from such a small sample size amuses me.

That's what politics is about, buddy. Presidential elections as a whole are an extremely small sample size. Does that mean people should stop analyzing them?

If you call what Dean Chambers and yourself did "analysis," then yes.

LOL, please point to where I unskewed a poll. I'll wait.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 12:29:08 AM »

This comes awfully close:

Either the polling is going to not have a Republican skew or it will, meaning the effect will be either neutral or favoring Democrats. Same for vote by mail, there's really no scenario in which one could imagine this benefitting Republicans, meaning the only possibilities are that it will be a neutral factor or will favor Democrats. There's the possibility that the polling average could favor Democrats, but it seems very slim considering the history of the state.

No, it really doesn't. Learn what "unskewing" actually is. And you conveniently omitted the fact that I was referring solely to Colorado in that post.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 04:56:58 AM »

All is good, but we still lost NH and VA. In 2010, we at least managed to win NH. Now that one is out of reach, I fear. Tough for 2016.

But to put Warner and Shaheen, who are very popular, within an inch of their political lives, is worth celebration on its own
Exactly. They would have been yours if Democrats didn't have practical icons running. Horrible.

Or if the GOP candidates were actually decent instead of C-listers like Brown or Gillespie.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies