Questions for Julián Castro (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:14:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Questions for Julián Castro (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Questions for Julián Castro  (Read 1945 times)
Rjjr77
« on: January 24, 2017, 04:19:00 PM »

Did you ever have your brother pretend to be you so you could go on two dates on the same night a la sister sister
Rjjr77
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 05:55:12 PM »

"Do you believe the Democratic Party can, or should try to, win back Rust Belt voters? If not, should the Party focus in the Sun Belt instead?"

That's actually a good question how the demographics are changing. I don't think you can turn your back on rust-belt voters though because they are heavily union workers.

My personal opinion is that the Democratic Party can, and should, try to win back both white workers from the Rust Belt (most notably through reunionization, to give them back some bargaining power) and the rising demographics from the South West.

To do that, they may have to turn their back on the "rich liberals" from the coast (think Silicon Valley and the likes), but that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world... If anything, Trump showed that money and fundraising does not and never will win elections.

I'd like to hear Castro's thought on that. But he's a technocratic liberal, so I'm afraid he won't agree.

I have to disagree, I don't think trump showed that money and fundraising does not win elections. It has less of an impact on presidential elections, but you cannot win elections without name ID and without money you have very very very limited options in creating name ID
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies