Something hitting close to home tonight
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:06:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Something hitting close to home tonight
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Something hitting close to home tonight  (Read 778 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 22, 2007, 11:20:44 PM »

At about 11:45am, my father was dressed in his uniform for work and I was riding along headed for Garfield Heights, OH to spend an afternoon with my grandparents.

At that time, we were passing through my old hometown area of Macedonia, OH when we noticed a silver car on the side of the road, two women and a tow truck. The women appeared to be looking at something, later determined to be a flat tire. My father and I noticed this and my dad said, "Man...if I was back there I would stop and see what their problem is." I was an idiot and joked, "Yeah...what if someone was hurt or dead and their death would be on your conscience?"

It turns out just minutes later, another silver car carrying a family of six lost control and crashed off the road killing both women, narrowly missing the tow truck driver, and shutting down traffic for hours. Of the family of six in the other car, three children are currently in critical condition.

Needless to say, I'm a bit disturbed by witnessing those women just moments before they died.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/12822907/detail.html
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 11:57:47 PM »

Creepy...I get what you're saying...I agree...weird...creepy

Hopefully those women are in a better place, and didnt suffer.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 07:30:37 AM »

Naso . . . don't come to Virginia.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 07:34:43 AM »

That's pretty creepy Naso. Almost as creepy as being visited by a person, who wasn't in the area, before they die.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 08:02:11 AM »

The big question is why the hell did that car lose control? The weather was perfect with warm and sunny all around. Unless they were speeding...I don't see how they lost control.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 08:20:04 AM »

The big question is why the hell did that car lose control? The weather was perfect with warm and sunny all around. Unless they were speeding...I don't see how they lost control.

You can ask "How do two cars, driving in opposite directions on an empty desert road, hit each other head on?"  Just as you are taught if you ever participated in crew (rowing), the shell will list in the direction you are looking.  The same is on the road.  If there is an accident on the side of the road, or you see an oncoming car on an empty road, your vehicle will slowly drift in the direction of what your attention is currently focused.  Now if that's the case here, I'm not too sure, but we have enough police dash-cam video of cars running into police cars on the side of the road because people are too distracted by what's going on over on the shoulder.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2007, 11:45:35 AM »

That's really sad.  I hope they didn't suffer, but yeah.. that is really creepy.

I once wished my music teacher "good luck" when her husband went in for open heart surgery.  He died during the surgery and left behind 4 kids, 2 of which were mentally handicapped adopted children that needed serious help.

I am, to this day, wary of wishing anybody "good luck." 
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 12:52:00 PM »

I have something probably even creepier that happened in middle school. I was in study hall one morning when the kid next to me dropped his pen and it fell far under the table next to my foot (we had study hall in the cafeteria). I handed the pen back to the kid.

Next morning that kid wasn't there and we learned he had committed suicide that night.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 01:23:43 PM »

Next morning that kid wasn't there and we learned he had committed suicide that night.

...with a pen?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 01:24:52 PM »

I have something probably even creepier that happened in middle school. I was in study hall one morning when the kid next to me dropped his pen and it fell far under the table next to my foot (we had study hall in the cafeteria). I handed the pen back to the kid.

That's the last time I ever give someone back their pen.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 01:26:06 PM »

...with a pen?

Hanging.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 03:42:24 PM »

Don't be silly, you can't hang yourself with a pen.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies