Confirmation Hearing: Battista Minola 1616 for Secretary of Federal Elections (Final Vote) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:11:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: Battista Minola 1616 for Secretary of Federal Elections (Final Vote) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: Battista Minola 1616 for Secretary of Federal Elections (Final Vote)  (Read 1052 times)
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« on: May 31, 2022, 09:22:29 AM »

I don't have much to say... if not that Peebs has been an illustrious and unflagging SoFE and I hope to follow in her footsteps.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2022, 11:19:27 AM »

Hi Battista!

What do you think of the constitutional amendment to the SoFE position currently being considered here in the Senate?

Hi Cao!

I am definitely in favour of enshrining constitutionally the offices of SoFE and Registrar General.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2022, 12:05:02 PM »

Since this individual believes that treason is acceptable if you are buddies with the perpetrators he is unfit to serve as an impartial SoFE. I am unable to support this nomination.

I might also add that it's a great shame that Mr. Battista has chosen to embrace ideology over his duty to serve and defend the Constitution. I used to believe that he was a thoughtful, mostly nonpartisan, logical individual but clearly I was wrong. Just because one's buddies excuse treason doesn't mean you have to but I understand that peer pressure is a powerful thing.

I wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors (and I have no doubt that he will be confirmed by the Senate anyway).

Words, words, words. I have never "excused treason" and I am rather perplexed your idea of me would do a 180° this way. I lashed out at you elsewhere earlier because a certain line of argumentation was extremely noxious, yes. Even if it may have been excessive what you are doing here is just a huge strawman. Either way that is irrelevant to this hearing or really to any other thread. Have a nice day!
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2022, 06:52:05 AM »

Have you ever administered an Atlasian national or regional election, in an acting or official capacity, in the past?

I have not.

Relating to Sestak's point, how is your grasp of the STV calculation stuff?

It's not exactly the most intuitive and immediate thing, but I feel confident that I can calculate results. It's just applying an algorithm really.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2022, 03:51:17 AM »

One question that is relevant to pending legislation, do you support altering the relationship of your prospective office to the Presidency in light of how Presidency authority was used to shift positions around and such forth in the lead up to the April elections?

This question was already asked by Cao and I answered affirmatively.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2022, 04:04:38 AM »

Not a Senator but I endorse this nomination and I have a question if you are willing to answer - how will you work with thumb?

I pretty much agree with everything thumb has said in his own confirmation thread.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2022, 11:43:10 AM »

I thank the Senate for confirming me to the office of SoFE! It will be an honour for me to serve.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies