Germany wants to take control of the Greek budget ?! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:21:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Germany wants to take control of the Greek budget ?! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What do you say ?
Yeah, let Germany manage the Greek budget

Yeah, let the EU manage the Greek budget

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: Germany wants to take control of the Greek budget ?!  (Read 6971 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: January 30, 2012, 11:55:35 AM »

Aren't options 1 and 2 essentially the same?  After all, given the current situation, EU control would only be a fig-leaf for German control.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 02:29:38 PM »
« Edited: March 11, 2012, 10:26:29 PM by Cheesy Grits »

By 1949 they're back on their feet.  From 1949-2001, lower denomination coins are alloys of zinc, a respectably heavy transition metal, and higher ones are alloys of nickel.  The obverse of the 1- and 2-mark coins feature the hungry German eagle.  The five-mark, especially, features a scrappy, ferocious eagle, prominently displaying razor-sharp talons.  His head is turned to the east and his mouth is wide open (as if to say, "Danzig ist Deutsch, bitches!")  Lots of commemorative pieces during that period as well.  I have a Max Planck 2 mark, an Albert Einstein 2 mark, and a 50th anniversary Institute of Archaeology 5-mark piece.  All nickel alloy, of course.  Gone is the silver and platinum, but to be fair the US also stopped minting our higher-denomination coins in silver by then.  My father was given a proof set of Bundeskanzlers 1949-79, in high silver content alloy.  I think they're five-mark pieces, but they were special issue, and I don't think you'd find them in circulation.

Until 1974 the 5 DM coin for general circulation was .625 silver.

The 1975 and later 5 DM coins were not.

(edited to fix image of silver 5 DM
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies