Where would Hawaii's third Congressional District be? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:57:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Where would Hawaii's third Congressional District be? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Where would Hawaii's third Congressional District be?  (Read 3056 times)
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 01, 2014, 02:09:53 AM »

If in the 2020 census, Hawaii's population grows a good bit, and a third congressional district is needed, where it would be?
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 02:32:37 AM »

I doubt it will either. It's fun to speculate about, though.

Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 12:41:36 PM »

It depends on where the growth is; if growth is uniform across the state then Oahu gets another district all to itself, but in the event that Hawaii gets a third district it probably means meteoric growth on at least one of the other islands - most likely the Big Island.   

It would be really interesting to see a exclusive Big Island congressional district, I wonder who would all run....

Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 03:31:47 PM »

It depends on where the growth is; if growth is uniform across the state then Oahu gets another district all to itself, but in the event that Hawaii gets a third district it probably means meteoric growth on at least one of the other islands - most likely the Big Island.   

It would be really interesting to see a exclusive Big Island congressional district, I wonder who would all run....

IIRC, nativist sentiment is the strongest on the island of Hawai'i.  It'd be interesting if a district based on that island could get a "pro-Hawaii" representative to Congress. 

I haven't heard that before, but it would be a shame if the traitorous natives get a seat in Congress.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 04:49:23 PM »

Thanks to everyone poster in this thread, seems like the general thought process is that HI-03 would be the rest of Ohau outside of Honolulu.

Would anyone be daring enough to create a mockup of this on a map?
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 04:51:02 PM »

Thanks EG for the map, and Blagohair for the analysis - that was exactly what I was looking for. I wish Atlas had a Reddit Gold type of feature.

That being said, it's interesting to think who would run in this district. Maybe Will Espero.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies