Early Voting Info and Speculation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 10:06:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Early Voting Info and Speculation
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Early Voting Info and Speculation  (Read 254 times)
indietraveler

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 16, 2016, 06:42:51 PM »

Early voting is just a handful of weeks away in some states. How do you think early voting could impact the election this year? Traditionally it favors democrats, with some republicans making a bigger push for it within the last couple years. In 2012 Obama's team was able to gauge early voting in some states where he knew he would be doing well so he could focus on other states.

Here's a few resources on early voting dates and data with previous early voting numbers:
http://www.reed.edu/earlyvoting/calendar/
http://www.electproject.org/2012_early_vote

What states do you think Clinton will be able to gauge early, perhaps cut down on campaign time, and use resources elsewhere?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 06:49:31 PM »

I think Clinton will bank on it like Obama did. Democrats win by getting people to vote early, which is a big part of the ground operations focus on. Having volunteered for campaigns, we always encourage people to mail their ballot back in as soon as possible.
Desroko
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 09:36:48 PM »

Working a non-early voting state was the most stressful experience of my life. Holy sh**t.

Anyway, by mid-to-late October the Clinton team should know whether GA and Nebraska-2nd are a possibility, whether VA and CO are locked up. North Carolina is very early, but I imagine that both campaigns will keep it up there no matter what the early patterns look like.

I do feel sorry for any national campaign that lacks the state-of-the-art field and data operations necessary to parse this wealth of information and capitalize on it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies