Woman, mattress, rape, performance art (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 02:51:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Woman, mattress, rape, performance art (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Woman, mattress, rape, performance art  (Read 5371 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« on: September 05, 2014, 09:38:55 AM »

Simfan there's definitely a middle ground here. As an outside observer here it appears patently obvious that the "Office of Gender-Based and Sexual Misconduct" needs some intense reform because at present it appears to be little more than an ineffective bureaucratic organ, perfunctorily and soullessly going through the motions of a useless school policy that was implemented just so the administration could claim they were doing something.

I mean, just read your last link- the school's rules are blatantly insufficient and their implementation is terrible. The entire situation places an intense amount of pressure on the victims starting right when they first report to the school that they were raped; that's ass-backwards because that kind of pressure, scrutiny, and judgement is exactly what keeps so many victims from reporting what happened, and why it often takes a significant amount of time to do so.

A girl reports what happened to her and the interviewer just jots the important bits down as bulletpoints on a notepad, and that truncated testimony is judged against the guy's formal and thorough submitted statement written entirely in his own words and prepared with the assistance of his attorney. The panel meets to deliberate and they see that these two documents conflict, so they obviously go with the professional statement rather than the illegible chicken scratch. They call it a day and go back to whatever their normal staff job is. This unfairness was not deemed legitimate grounds for appeal.

A girl wants justice done to the guy who wronged her, but still wants to move on with her life- she's got classes to attend, essays to write, and she can't let herself slip up by dwelling on such a horrible memory. She already told the school investigators exactly what happened to her so she's sure justice will be done and she has nothing to fear. But then the investigator gets the rapist's own statement, tells her it doesn't mesh with her story at all. The investigator needs her to come in and go through it line-by-line and tell them exactly which parts are fake and at each such point write what really happened. She sure as hell doesn't want to do that- to not only relive the trauma and recite every horrible detail once again, but to read all the way through her rapist's own twisted version of the events which doubtlessly painted her as a willing and inviting participant in what was actually a forcible and frightening violation of her most intimate areas. She can't do it- so they have to read it out to her over the phone for her responses. She spends most of the call silent, her mind filled with terrible and dark imagery evoked by hearing the monotonous recitation of her rapist's lies. She can't hear any more and ends the call. The school's bureaucrat records down in the official case file that the accusing student made no objection to the testimony of the accused. The judgement panel meets again- just another day in the office- and they see this note. This is an easy one, they think, and rule in favor of the male student since the girl apparently agreed with him after all. As they wrap up the paperwork, one staff member ponders thinks about how silly some of the students are, protesting sexual misconduct on campus when most of these incidents really just turn out to be petty couples bickering over minor misunderstandings. If only they knew what was really going on!

The above paragraphs are my retelling of events from your link, I didn't mean to make them into stories but I just kept going and lost track of what I was writing. I get very critical of anything I do that's vaguely artistic so I'd probably end up deleting it if I reread it to check for clarity so I'm not sure how well the point is made. What I'm trying to illustrate is that the entire system offers rape victims nothing but a cold and uncaring environment where they are expected to make their case with zero emotional support, with the judgement decided by staff offering just as much empathy as they would in a plagiarism hearing. Justice gets lost by the system and nobody notices except the students in the dispute.

Honestly just giving the victim a dedicated advocate to fight their case for them would do a world of good
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 12:47:46 PM »

Read the links- the panel was flabbergasted at the fact that he entered her anally without using lube.

I'm assuming these events happened for the sake of argument because the outcomes that happened here would have occurred regardless of whether the claims were correct or not, which says a lot about the system's flaws. I also don't believe the redpiller garbage than any significant percentage of rape accusations are fake because rape is far more likely to occur but then go unreported than the other way around, and bringing it up at first instinct is just terrible victim blaming
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies