MA-Gov: Baker massively popular
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:46:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-Gov: Baker massively popular
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: MA-Gov: Baker massively popular  (Read 9596 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2018, 01:55:51 PM »

It's interesting that Warren's approvals are relatively weak for a Massachusetts Democrat. I wonder if Hillary was president if we could've gotten some shock polls showing her only up single digits?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2018, 09:53:14 PM »

Noted homophobe/all around horrible person Scott Lively is challenging Baker in the primary.
WestVegeta
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -2.43

« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2018, 11:18:40 AM »

I'd love to see Baker run for president someday against Joe Manchin.

Unironically this
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2018, 03:25:03 PM »

Don’t quote me on this but I think trump is in trouble in massachusetts

Nah he’ll win that easily in two years with his 50-state landslide Tongue
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #104 on: January 14, 2018, 03:22:27 PM »

Big article fawning over Baker

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/13/charlie-baker-massachusetts-trump-339182

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Joey1996

« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2018, 11:25:00 AM »

It's interesting that Warren's approvals are relatively weak for a Massachusetts Democrat. I wonder if Hillary was president if we could've gotten some shock polls showing her only up single digits?

She's a senator, she ass hould naturally have a decent sized disapproval rating. 
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2018, 12:13:42 PM »

She's a senator, she ass hould naturally have a decent sized disapproval rating. 

But why does she have a higher disapproval rating than either Trump or Romney's vote percentage in Massachusetts? If she can't even be overwhelmingly popular in an incredibly liberal state, her presidential candidacy would have some problems.
OctoCube
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.54, S: 1.42

« Reply #107 on: January 16, 2018, 10:47:15 AM »

I'm probably a bit to the right of Charlie Baker, but I think he is doing a great job as governor. He's doing great at revitalizing the Massachusetts GOP when all signs point this state to vote as blue as California and Hawaii.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2018, 10:52:12 AM »

I'd just wonder whether there are some voters who vote Dem in the governor's race and GOP in the senate election?
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2018, 11:04:29 AM »

I'd just wonder whether there are some voters who vote Dem in the governor's race and GOP in the senate election?

A lot probably will. Just look at 2014.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2018, 11:44:01 AM »

I doubt there were many Coakley/Herr voters.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #111 on: January 16, 2018, 12:37:17 PM »

But why does she have a higher disapproval rating than either Trump or Romney's vote percentage in Massachusetts? If she can't even be overwhelmingly popular in an incredibly liberal state, her presidential candidacy would have some problems.
A lot of moderates, even those who voted for Hillary dislike her because of very progressive positions. I was talking with a family friend, who is very moderate, I think she voted for Hillary, begrudgingly, but strongly dislikes Warren and would "vote for a block of cheese against Warren."

Most of my family and friends still live in MA and probably half of them who voted for Hillary absolutely despise Warren and definitely wont vote for her next year. The Republican will probably take a good chunk of the independent/moderate vote but a lot of the Mass democrat base is very liberal and would still probably vote for Warren
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #112 on: January 16, 2018, 03:37:27 PM »

I doubt there were many Coakley/Herr voters.

Whoops I read that as the reverse
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #113 on: January 16, 2018, 03:53:23 PM »

Okay, A question.

If Baker and Warren were pitted against each other in a statewide race, who wins?
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #114 on: January 16, 2018, 04:53:18 PM »

Okay, A question.

If Baker and Warren were pitted against each other in a statewide race, who wins?

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Charlie. He’s moderate, most people like him, and he’s been a very good governor. Warren is hard left and is nowhere near as liked as Charlie. Plus she really hasn’t done anything good for the people of MA since she just screeches on the senate floor and travels the country. Plus there’s just something about her that makes her easy to dislike. Charlie just seems like the kind of guy you’d want as your neighbor
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #115 on: January 16, 2018, 06:38:02 PM »

Okay, A question.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Charlie. He’s moderate, most people like him, and he’s been a very good governor. Warren is hard left and is nowhere near as liked as Charlie. Plus she really hasn’t done anything good for the people of MA since she just screeches on the senate floor and travels the country. Plus there’s just something about her that makes her easy to dislike. Charlie just seems like the kind of guy you’d want as your neighbor
Warren
The whole running a popular GOP governor against a liberal senator thing doesn't work

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2018, 02:34:21 PM »

Okay, A question.

In 2018, probably Warren. If it was a Republican wave, then Baker.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2018, 05:35:58 AM »

Okay, A question.

If it's anything other than a gubernatorial race, Warren easily wins.

If it's a gubernatorial race, I'm not sure.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2018, 04:19:14 PM »

I think a Baker-Warren Senate race would look a lot like 1996, with Baker exceeding Weld's performance due to Warren's relative unpopularity.

A Baker-Warren gubernatorial race would be an embarrassing Baker victory. Warren owes her entire approval in the state to her party ID, and running as a Democrat might actually be a disadvantage in gubernatorial elections.

The M.C. Senatorial approval polls today showed her with a 52 - 35 spread. That is about in line with her other polls, afaik. She is well-known, but not universally so, and part of the attention she has gotten that has resulted in her current name ID rate includes a disproportionate amount of attacks by conservatives, including those who view her as a potential threat in 2020.

The way people on Atlas dump on her is downright comical at times. As if only being up +17 makes her as toxic as plutonium. Baker would be a challenge to beat, but if she lost, I realllllly doubt it would be "embarrassingly" so. Especially considering the awful national environment Baker is running in.
NerdyBohemian
United States

« Reply #119 on: January 24, 2018, 08:38:05 AM »

Even though Charlie Baker might not say homophobic crap and condemns Donald Trump, he’s still a Republican who has been subtly attacking workers here in Massachusetts. Especially teachers.

McGovernForPrez

« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2018, 07:30:49 PM »

In the poll of the Capuano-Pressley primary, Baker has +50 net favorability... among Democrats and independents... in a deep-blue urban district:

http://d279m997dpfwgl.cloudfront.net/wp/2018/02/Crosstabs-2018-02-WBUR-MA7-Primary-Only.pdf

I don't even understand how these numbers are possible. It's consistent across all demographics, too: black (+50), <$25K (+47), women (+46), high school or less (+63), advanced degree (+51), renters (+54)

The only group that comes close to disapproval of Baker is those who disapprove of Pressley's job as councilwoman (+7).
Yeah something seems really off about that poll. Especially because the only people who would particularly dislike Pressley here in Boston would be our dying pool of Republicans. Most people in MA are pretty ambivalent towards him, but him being +50 in MA-07 seems really absurd.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2018, 10:47:06 PM »

People who are ambivalent about someone are more likely to say they approve of them  than disapprove.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies