How Democrats Fooled California’s Redistricting Commission (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:49:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  How Democrats Fooled California’s Redistricting Commission (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How Democrats Fooled California’s Redistricting Commission  (Read 32462 times)
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« on: December 21, 2011, 07:07:32 PM »

As I kind of suspected, but hadn't "proved" because I have not really studied the CA map, the Dems just ran circles around the Pubs in CA, with shill groups testifying for this and that, the Pubs not understanding the partisan implications of uniting this but not that, and the Pubs having no organized campaign to get their own self serving shills into the fray. It is a real, real, pity that I was not on that commission. Heck, just checking out the organizations on the internet, and at the CA Secretary of State website, I could have unmasked some of them as Dem fronts. And I would have known immediately what the partisan implications were of all of this disingenuous chatter. Sad. Sad

Well, all is fair in love and war, and the Pubs just dropped the ball. But then CA Pubs have been dysfunctional since rocks cooled in CA. So 2 to 3 seats lost due to CA Pub incompetence, and Dem Machiavellian, but clever - and effective - tactics. Some of it has little echos of AZ, where I suspect similar shills paraded before the Commission, but there of course, the Commission was stacked, and in the end I kind of suspect, just had professional Dem operatives essentially draw the map for them, and then worked on how best to justify it. That was more a matter of just reverse engineering. But the Pubs not calling the Dems out on the phony partisan break even point at least was particularly pathetic in AZ.

aren't you a lawyer? You could have testified at the hearings.
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 04:17:29 PM »

. It is amazing how that Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena, La Canada, La Crecenta CD has become solid Dem now. It would have been Pubbie wonderland when I was a kid.

yep. That used to be represented by Edgar Hiestand (a john bircher), H. Allen Smith and Glenard Lipscomb.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies