Who's on your ignore list? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 02:28:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who's on your ignore list? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who's on your ignore list?  (Read 60113 times)
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: October 16, 2018, 09:02:28 PM »

Using the ignore list is nothing more than surrendering into a safe space. If a poster is ignoring other posters because he or she doesn't like their views challenged, that poster is the problem, not the people he or she is ignoring.

There are a number of perfectly reasonable reasons to put someone on your ignore list besides disagreeing with them. I ignore one or two users I agree with because I think their posts are incredibly obnoxious.

All of the smug and self-righteous posters who are patting themselves on the back because their ignore lists are empty, justifying it by saying they can tolerate opposing opinions, have a stunning lack of creativity.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 08:11:07 PM »

I went through my list and counted users by avatar color (as best as I could remember) and got this

Red: 9
Blue: 7
Light green: 3
Orange: 2
no avatar: 2
Beige: 1
Maroon: 1
Dark green: 1
Yellow: 0

And I'm pretty sure several of the blues are just variations of Coolface and Greedo accounts. Seems to fly in the face of the "ignore button is for shielding pussies from contrary opinions" posts or whatever (not that that opinion was ever sincerely held, anyway). Turns out, there are just a lot of really dumb, rude, or completely white-noise posters here that many of us don't want to have to waste time scrolling through!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies