law firm doing shady sh**t in CA (too complicated to exlpain in title) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:25:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  law firm doing shady sh**t in CA (too complicated to exlpain in title) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: law firm doing shady sh**t in CA (too complicated to exlpain in title)  (Read 2008 times)
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« on: May 02, 2018, 09:03:16 AM »

The size of the fees in and of themselves don't worry me; I've required people pay over $10,000 on misdemeanor charges myself when that is what was required for victim or city restitution. What concerns me is that a private firm involved in prosecution at all. The article explicitly describes these cases as misdemeanors. California really lets their district attorneys outsource cases which could by statute have jail time as punishment to private firms? That's insane! Almost everything I do is subject to public scrutiny, from my time sheets to my emails, and I'm required to write disposition statements explaining the terms of settlement and why we came to that disposition for nearly everything. I just cannot believe that other states would hand over prosecution without those kinds of safeguards that might have gotten this caught sooner.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies