BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 03:06:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 32
Author Topic: BREAKING: Trump Fires Comey  (Read 41092 times)
JJC

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: May 09, 2017, 06:57:20 PM »
« edited: May 09, 2017, 07:00:25 PM by JJC »

So.....all the bitching in earlier months that comey needs to be fired is out the window because the guy you hate ended up doing it?

Pure hypocrisy.

So hey, do you believe anything about Trump and Russia? Or are you cool with everything in that department?

I'm guessing you actually don't mind that the investigation might be hurt because you don't want the truth eh?

Despite all the witch hunt hysteria that's been going on for months now over this Trump/Russia conspiracy theory one has been able to produce actual evidence that withstands scrutiny to back up the claims that Trump campaign was linked to Russian hacking of the election or that the Russians even hacked the election in the first place.

Okay got you down for “No Russian allegations are credible,” so moving on.

No allegation is credible unless it is backed up by evidence.

Is it okay for someone to accuse you, TD, of being a child molester with no proof?

Let's go with your example.

Of course not. Of course if multiple people are saying I am a child molester and they don't have connections to each other perhaps we should investigate me. There's no harm in doing so; if I'm innocent, I'll be cleared. If I'm guilty then its worth the investigating, right?

How long should they keep investigating you for? 6 months? Two years? Four? Eight?

What if after eight years they still haven't found proff that you are a child molester, but hey, we gotta keep investigating!

What if your name was dragged through the mud every single day, with headlines like 'TD under investigation for child molestation charges'.

Every single day.

The feds just haven't found the evidence yet. They just need to keep investigating more!

Well let's explore the example more. Let's say the suspicions were that I ran a huge child prostitution ring in fact. Let's say the investigation began about a year ago, less than that, and started because of happenstance and that a serious investigation only started happening a couple of months ago. Let's say that several of my associates have raised questions about me.

Shouldn't a massive investigation require time - including more than just several months? And shouldn't it be fully funded and fully staffed to either  clear my name or prosecute me?

And why would you be suspected of child trafficking? Just because Bob from Florida called the FBI and said so?

There has to be some kind of evidence - even circumstantial - to support a continued, aggressive investigation. Otherwise anyone could make up accusation against people they don't like and ruin their lives forever.

Didn't you ever read about the Salem witch trials?

And stop trying to act non-partisan. You are a partisan leftist on a fools witch hunt. You believe this Russian nonsense because you want it to be true.

And it's just going to lead your party into further dysfunction.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #176 on: May 09, 2017, 06:57:47 PM »

No Trump supporter can answer the question: how do we have faith in Donald Trump's ability to appoint a FBI director when there are active FBI investigations into Trump's campaign with Russia? How do we have any faith that this wasn't motivated, in part, by the Russian investigation Comey led?

I keep asking that question because I believe that the Trump supporters can't answer it.

By the way I thought Comey did fine and I thought Clinton was pretty unethical so dont throw that bull at me.

There aren't "active FBI investigations" into "Trump's campaign with Russia." Comey himself said time and time again that there was no evidence of collusion with Russia by anyone in the Trump campaign.

I'll give YOU the cookie if you can figure out the basic mistake that you are making with your assertion, just as I promised your fellow forum denizen.

Here's the link.  I was rather specific with my statement.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/20/us/politics/fbi-investigation-trump-russia-comey.amp.html

Money quote:

Mr. Comey said the F.B.I. was “investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government, and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts.”

I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #177 on: May 09, 2017, 06:58:28 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2017, 07:00:12 PM by I Won - Get Over It »

And the Trump supporters should honestly welcome a full and independent probe.

But there was an independent investigation conducted by FBI that everyone was happy with.

But it was obviously not enough. They started to leak things with the only one purpose of hurting Trump (i.e. witch-hunt, the same as Benghazi).

If you break the rules of the game, what would you expect? They just could play nice and just do the goddamned investigation instead of leaking? But no...
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #178 on: May 09, 2017, 06:59:34 PM »

One more thing and I mean this. It would be nice if we stopped looking at this as a partisan football. We should hope Trump is innocent. And let's be honest I hate that man but if he's guilty the republic will take a serious hit. I'd rather he lost in 2020 on the merits not that we had a second impeachment in 50 years. This isn't intended as a bronz post or moderate hero garbage.

Democrats should remember what caused the fall of Rome and other republics. It's the loss of faith in public institutions. And the Trump supporters should honestly welcome a full and independent probe. If Trump's guilty your policy aims are better achieved with Pence (who would win my vote if he's innocent). A Donald Trump dogged by Russian allegations is a Donald Trump who is all that much weaker and can't accomplish all you hope for.

Russia is just the tip of the iceberg. The real problem is Trump and his gang of crazed billionaires and deplorable lackeys. 

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-fires-fbi-director-james-comey-n757101
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Really, "crown jewel of law enforcement"?? I can't tell whether this is just more Trump  treating everything as trying to sell ice futures to Eskimos, or if he's asking to leave office twelve inches shorter than he was when he went took office.

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #179 on: May 09, 2017, 07:00:05 PM »

There are suggestions that now that Comey has been fired that the Hillary Clinton e-mail investigation might be reopened.

Where are you seeing this?

He just made it up. It's English Pete .... the fascist Nazi.
He's trolling.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #180 on: May 09, 2017, 07:01:12 PM »

It's good to know democrats love James Comey now, pathetic hacks
No one loves him. If you can't see how suspicious it is for Trump to fire the man heading the investigation of him, then you're the hack.

We already know the answer of that though.
JJC

« Reply #181 on: May 09, 2017, 07:01:29 PM »

No Trump supporter can answer the question: how do we have faith in Donald Trump's ability to appoint a FBI director when there are active FBI investigations into Trump's campaign with Russia? How do we have any faith that this wasn't motivated, in part, by the Russian investigation Comey led?

I keep asking that question because I believe that the Trump supporters can't answer it.

By the way I thought Comey did fine and I thought Clinton was pretty unethical so dont throw that bull at me.

There aren't "active FBI investigations" into "Trump's campaign with Russia." Comey himself said time and time again that there was no evidence of collusion with Russia by anyone in the Trump campaign.

I'll give YOU the cookie if you can figure out the basic mistake that you are making with your assertion, just as I promised your fellow forum denizen.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/20/us/politics/fbi-investigation-trump-russia-comey.amp.html

Money quote:

Mr. Comey said the F.B.I. was “investigating the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government, and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts.”

And they found nothing, as Comey said under oath to congress.
EnglishPete

« Reply #182 on: May 09, 2017, 07:01:54 PM »

Well let's explore the example more. Let's say the suspicions were that I ran a huge child prostitution ring in fact. Let's say the investigation began about a year ago, less than that, and started because of happenstance and that a serious investigation only started happening a couple of months ago. Let's say that several of my associates have raised questions about me.

Shouldn't a massive investigation require time - including more than just several months? And shouldn't it be fully funded and fully staffed to either  clear my name or prosecute me?
If a fully funded investigation has been going on for months and has still found absolutely no evidence to back up these claims then maybe questions should be asked about whether such an investigation is justified.

As for 'clearing names' its not the job of an FBI or police investigation to 'clear' anybody's name. If they don't find evidence that can be given to a prosecutor and they stop investigating the that's it. 'Clearing' people is something done by courts, not by police or FBI.

As for your suggestion that this whole thing started by 'happenstance' that's highly doubtful. Much more likely that this has been a witch hunt from the very start.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #183 on: May 09, 2017, 07:04:48 PM »

The reason why we "liberal hacks" are not happy with this is because we know Trump. We basically don't have information as to why he fired the man (and he could possibly could be covering something up).

It is not hypocrisy to speak out against the actions of Comey on what he did approximately 2 weeks before the 2016 election (because he sort of widened a path for Trump to win, but that probably wasn't the main reason as to why Trump won) and then speak out against the actions of Trump firing him for no apparent reason that hasn't been revealed to the public yet.

Thomas Jackson
ghostmonkey

Political Matrix
E: 8.77, S: 8.79

« Reply #184 on: May 09, 2017, 07:04:59 PM »

Money quote:

No cookie for you. You really can't see past your hate, even when the answer is sitting right there in your "money quote."

I feel rather sorry for you.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #185 on: May 09, 2017, 07:05:13 PM »

So.....all the bitching in earlier months that comey needs to be fired is out the window because the guy you hate ended up doing it?

Pure hypocrisy.

So hey, do you believe anything about Trump and Russia? Or are you cool with everything in that department?

I'm guessing you actually don't mind that the investigation might be hurt because you don't want the truth eh?

Despite all the witch hunt hysteria that's been going on for months now over this Trump/Russia conspiracy theory one has been able to produce actual evidence that withstands scrutiny to back up the claims that Trump campaign was linked to Russian hacking of the election or that the Russians even hacked the election in the first place.

Okay got you down for “No Russian allegations are credible,” so moving on.

No allegation is credible unless it is backed up by evidence.

Is it okay for someone to accuse you, TD, of being a child molester with no proof?

Let's go with your example.

Of course not. Of course if multiple people are saying I am a child molester and they don't have connections to each other perhaps we should investigate me. There's no harm in doing so; if I'm innocent, I'll be cleared. If I'm guilty then its worth the investigating, right?

How long should they keep investigating you for? 6 months? Two years? Four? Eight?

What if after eight years they still haven't found proff that you are a child molester, but hey, we gotta keep investigating!

What if your name was dragged through the mud every single day, with headlines like 'TD under investigation for child molestation charges'.

Every single day.

The feds just haven't found the evidence yet. They just need to keep investigating more!

And why would you be suspected of child trafficking? Just because Bob from Florida called the FBI and said so?

There has to be some kind of evidence - even circumstantial - to support a continued, aggressive investigation.

Stop trying to act non-partisan. You are a partisan leftist on a fools witch hunt. You believe this Russian nonsense because you want it to be true.

And it's just going to lead your party into further dysfunction.

Actually if you perused my posts they exhibit a conservatism on abortions, gun control, the death penalty, opposition to ObamaCare, illegal immigrants, opposition to Medicare and Social Security, and of course opposition to Russia. You'll also see I voted Rick Santorum in 2012. Not a Democratic hack. Lastly, you will see I voted for George W. last year and a Republican Congress, as I have done fie a decade. I just in this thread said I was open to Pence.

Now with that dispelled: in this parallel it wasn't Bob from Florida. It was the FBI director, Scotland Yard and a few other places. They've all expressed concern.

Cant really concieve of a parallel, so Russia's Twitter activity and Roger Stone's contacts with Wikileaks (linked to Fancy Bear) suggest that there should be an investigation. For example Roger Stone knew about the Podesta emails before they came out.

Don't you think that's circumstantial enough?
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #186 on: May 09, 2017, 07:05:27 PM »

Most of you guys sound pretty stupid. Right after Comey was essentially saying he was doing things wrongly, especially how he handled the election, and that others were changing his testimony, "BUT MUH RUSSIA"

Seriously, not every government official fired is fired because of Russia.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #187 on: May 09, 2017, 07:06:05 PM »

Here's the link.  I was rather specific with my statement.

Money quote:

No cookie for you. You really can't see past your hate, even when the answer is sitting right there in your "money quote."

I feel rather sorry for you.

Since I'm rather dense apparently why don't you explain the mistake?
JJC

« Reply #188 on: May 09, 2017, 07:06:13 PM »

If a fully funded investigation has been going on for months and has still found absolutely no evidence to back up these claims then maybe questions should be asked about whether such an investigation is justified.

As for 'clearing names' its not the job of an FBI or police investigation to 'clear' anybody's name. If they don't find evidence that can be given to a prosecutor and they stop investigating the that's it. 'Clearing' people is something done by courts, not by police or FBI.

As for your suggestion that this whole thing started by 'happenstance' that's highly doubtful. Much more likely that this has been a witch hunt from the very start.

You're are an amazing voice of reason. It's refreshing.

This site used to actually be a reasonable place for people to discuss politics and election strategies without the annoying 'bumper sticker' politics.

Now it's just bumper sticker politics.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #189 on: May 09, 2017, 07:06:23 PM »

So many Baghdadi Bob's, it's dizzying!
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #190 on: May 09, 2017, 07:07:13 PM »

Most of you guys sound pretty stupid. Right after Comey was essentially saying he was doing things wrongly, especially how he handled the election, and that others were changing his testimony, "BUT MUH RUSSIA"

We all knew Comey ****ed up months ago.

Seriously, stop being obtuse about this.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #191 on: May 09, 2017, 07:08:18 PM »

How am I?
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #192 on: May 09, 2017, 07:08:32 PM »

Wow, the hacks are out in force.

(And SilentCal is easily the best tan avatar on this forum)
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #193 on: May 09, 2017, 07:08:52 PM »

Actually if you see my latest answer it addresses your points. You'll notice the investigations only began on the Senate and House sides after November and the FBI last fall.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #194 on: May 09, 2017, 07:09:35 PM »

Also I love it too how Chris Hayes, MSNBC anchor and not a Republican, tweeted that no one would care if Clinton did the same thing if her campaign were being investigated
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #195 on: May 09, 2017, 07:10:27 PM »

Now imagine we have a President Clinton. Boy oh boy, the Trump Brigade would be pissed!
EnglishPete

« Reply #196 on: May 09, 2017, 07:10:37 PM »

Thanks, likewise.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #197 on: May 09, 2017, 07:10:42 PM »

Also I love it too how Chris Hayes, MSNBC anchor and not a Republican, tweeted that no one would care if Clinton did the same thing if her campaign were being investigated

Do you really think the Russian issue isn't a big deal given your concern over LePen? I've raised the question several times over the conflict of interest.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #198 on: May 09, 2017, 07:11:19 PM »

How am I?

If you truly believe Comey was fired because of the Clinton emails scandal, then you are being obtuse.
Thomas Jackson
ghostmonkey

Political Matrix
E: 8.77, S: 8.79

« Reply #199 on: May 09, 2017, 07:12:03 PM »

This site used to actually be a reasonable place for people to discuss politics and election strategies without the annoying 'bumper sticker' politics.

Now it's just bumper sticker politics.

Is that really true? This forum has ALWAYS been on the far-left side of the political spectrum.

Even the so-called "moderates" are rather center-left. The main website has always been a great repository of elections data. The maps and statistics are virtually unmatched by any resource anywhere. Yet for some reason, the forum attracts far more socialists and communists than right-wing conservatives.

The few conservatives here are constantly hounded, and consistently the subject of petitions to be banned. Anyone that doesn't toe the far-left line is ridiculed.

If you look at the self-reported political positions of the forum, and the predictions of said forum, you'd find something squarely in the mainstream.... of DailyKos or Democratic Underground.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 32  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies