Legislation Introduction Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:05:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Legislation Introduction Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 108116 times)
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« on: November 14, 2005, 09:23:16 PM »

I am just doing this to smack TexasGurl around Cheesy. Maybe a few scraps of it shall be turned into a working bill. 

CHAINSAW BUDGET SAVINGS BILL

1.  The elimination of Medicaid:
-Over the next eight months (RL years), the budget for federal budget for Medicaid shall be cut by 12.5%.
-All acts pertaining to the Medicaid program are to be repealed at the end of this program.
-$200 million per budget cycle shall be dedicated to assisting the the states in providing their own programs, should they choose to do so.

2. The Federal Department of Education shall have its budget slashed by 90%, starting this cycle. State aid to education shall also be slashed 90%.

3. The Department of Commerce is hereby eliminated.

4. The Department of Housing and Urban Development is hereby eliminated.

5. All non-emergency spending initiatives in the Department of Defense shall have their budgets reduced by 5%.

6. The budget of the Office of Personnel Management shall be slashed 15%.

7. The budget of the Department of Agriculture shall be slashed 75%.

8. The budget of the Environmental Protection Agency shall be slashed 50%.

9. the Federal Government shall offer the civilian portion of the National Aeronautics and Space Agency for auction to bidding individuals and corporations in the United States.

10. The budget for the Department of Labor shall be slashed 50%.

11. All other Federal programs funded through the Internal Revenue Service shall be cut 10%.

12. Where programs are not specifically specificed, the Department of Forum Affairs shall be put in charge of finding specific programs to cut or eliminate to fit the bounds of this bill. They shall be allotted $2 million for administrative expenses for this task.

13. The President, Vice-President, Cabinet, and Senate shall take a 10% pay cut.

Why isn't the Dept. of Education Completely Eliminated?
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 02:09:18 PM »

Perhaps if you introduce each section as a seperate bill it would have a better chance of passing?
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 11:47:30 AM »

I have two bills to introduce. Smiley  Only problem is that Sam doesn't like statehood so if they pass the Senate I doubt they'll actually become reality. Sad

Puerto Rican Statehood Act of 2006

I. After a majority vote of the citizens of Puerto Rico voting in the affirmative for statehood in a referendum administered five days after the passage of this act by the territorial government of Puerto Rico, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico is hereby entered in the Union of Atlasia as the 51st state under the name of Puerto Rico.
II.   The Senate shall vote on which region/district Puerto Rico shall be designated into.
III.   The State of Puerto Rico shall be given full rights from whichever district/region it’s placed into and be under full jurisdiction of the Atlasian constitution.

Pacifican Statehood Act of 2006

I. After a majority of vote by the citizens of Guam, Atlasian Samoa and the Northern Mariana Islands voting in the affirmative in a referendum administrated five days after the passage of this act by the territory governments of the commonwealths of Guam, Atlasian Samoa and the Northern Mariana Islands are hereby entered in the Union of Atlasia as the 52nd state of Pacifica (or 51st if Puerto Rico doesn’t come in).
II. The Senate shall vote on the region/district the state of Pacifica shall be entered into.
III. The state of Pacifica shall be given full rights under whichever region/district it’s placed into and be under full jurisdiction of the Atlasian Constitution.

For wording purposes and to avoid technicalities, I would take out 51 and 52 and simply say "a state" or "the next state".
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 04:12:02 PM »

After consulting with the President, Vice-President, and SoFA and receiving no objections, I offer the following Constitutional Amendment which addresses many of the concerns from the recently passed Election Time Constitutional Amendment that would make it more difficult for certain members to take the position of SoFA by adding flexability to the voting time. I would appreciate it if a Senator would sponsor this.
Thanks.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 12:43:48 PM »

History Months Abolition Bill

Section 1: Applicability
1. This law shall not be construed as to alter or repeal and regional laws regarding Black and Women’s History Months.

Section 2: Abolition of Black and Women’s History Months
1. Black and Women’s History Months are hereby abolished.
2. The laws that created Black and Women’s History Months are hereby repealed.
3. References to Black and Women’s History Months in previous legislation are hereby stricken.

From http://www.smithsonianeducation.org/heritage_month/

Black History Month
February    

Women's History Month
March    

Asian Pacific American History Month
May    

Hispanic Heritage Month
September 15 - October 15    

American Indian Heritage Month
November

I will let you know if I find any others.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 01:23:03 PM »

History Months Abolition Bill

Section 1: Applicability
1. This law shall not be construed as to alter or repeal and regional laws regarding Black and Women’s History Months.

Section 2: Abolition of Black and Women’s History Months
1. Black and Women’s History Months are hereby abolished.
2. The laws that created Black and Women’s History Months are hereby repealed.
3. References to Black and Women’s History Months in previous legislation are hereby stricken.

From http://www.smithsonianeducation.org/heritage_month/

Black History Month
February    

Women's History Month
March    

Asian Pacific American History Month
May    

Hispanic Heritage Month
September 15 - October 15    

American Indian Heritage Month
November

I will let you know if I find any others.

Thanks, but weren't a lot of those made after Atlasia was? If so they wouldn't have any effect here.

It didn't give the date so I am not sure yet. I will look that up.

Will this bill make it to the floor before the end of this Senate?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies