The Millennial Generation has produced nothing of note culturally. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 10:56:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  The Millennial Generation has produced nothing of note culturally. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Millennial Generation has produced nothing of note culturally.  (Read 2665 times)
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« on: June 28, 2014, 12:16:16 AM »

I think that as a result of the internet and globalization in general that everything has become so accessible that nothing feels new anymore. Mainstream music has therefore become blander because it needs to appeal to the broadest audience to be competitive. It's easier to ignore it when your entertainment options are so vast, immediately met, and the option of cosying into niches is easier.

If anything within our generation there has been an absolute explosion of cultural output because of the new ease of finding an audience, ease of creating with newer technologies, and ease of buying formerly expensive tools that shut out everyday people from creating. Because there is so much it's difficult to find things that really stand out.

The last time I remember hearing a song that made me stop and think "I have never heard anything like this" was the first time I heard dubstep. And that's already feeling old and played.

I guess the takeaway is that even though within our generation there doesn't seem to be any outstanding breakthrough artist or new genre, we are still shaping the way people people will consume and find art  for the foreseeable future. And isn't that a little bit exciting?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies