Slate/Votecastr real time election projections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:21:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Slate/Votecastr real time election projections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Slate/Votecastr real time election projections  (Read 23823 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 08, 2016, 10:55:18 AM »

Wow IA, OH, and FL all look good for trump.

lol, okay. I'm leaving this thread. I decided not to follow the model for the same reasons this thread is going nuts right now.
Stop bed-wetting. It is fun, no? Tongue

Arch isn't bed-wetting. People here are just taking this way too seriously. These aren't actual, raw numbers from counted ballots that say Clinton or Trump. In most instances, they are far too small a percentage of the eventual turnout to amount to anything meaningful (ie Pennsylvania). That some people think this shows anyone is winning any state is dumb.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 11:00:56 AM »

lol, okay. I'm leaving this thread. I decided not to follow the model for the same reasons this thread is going nuts right now.

Arch isn't bed-wetting. People here are just taking this way too seriously. These aren't actual, raw numbers from counted ballots that say Clinton or Trump. In most instances, they are far too small a percentage of the eventual turnout to amount to anything meaningful (ie Pennsylvania). That some people think this shows anyone is winning any state is dumb.

So was early voting. Right? It is exactly the same.

It isn't bed as much as a bad version of a good model starting to get people excited for no good reason.

What's the difference between early voting thread?

What you did there, was projecting as well, no?
You didn't read the post. 

Yes, I did. Early voting thread also made people "to get people excited for no good reason."

It is exactly the same.

I'm not sure what Arch's activities were on that thread, but I know that I invested nothing in those numbers. All they showed were early and absentee voting by party identification; that didn't prove anything to me in terms of votes for Clinton or Trump.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 11:15:17 AM »

I'm not sure what Arch's activities were on that thread, but I know that I invested nothing in those numbers. All they showed were early and absentee voting by party identification; that didn't prove anything to me in terms of votes for Clinton or Trump.

So you are saying, you weren't "projecting" NV, CO and VA in to Clinton's pocket based on EV. Or Florida?

This model does basically the same, but uses sophisticated algorithms. Obama used similar Wink

Yes, that is what I'm saying.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies