Danish Elections and Politics (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:30:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Danish Elections and Politics (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Danish Elections and Politics  (Read 43085 times)
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« on: August 21, 2019, 12:56:33 PM »

How has the spat between Danish PM and Trump over Trump's crazy idea of buying Greenland gone over in Denmark.  Does it help PM or do a little shrug their shoulders and just say this is Trump being Trump?
mileslunn
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 02:04:15 AM »

Danish People's party also way lower too.  Is that because of Social Democrats' hardline on immigration and could Danish Social Democrats be a model of how Social Democrats elsewhere in Europe can rebound.  It seems a lot of blue collar types are left wing on economic issues but culturally conservative while most social democratic parties are left wing on both thus on cultural issues offside with their voter base thus paying a big price.  Despite my disagreement here, I've often thought a culturally conservative platform combined with left wing economic policies is a way for both Social Democrats to rebound elsewhere and to drive down support for far right?  Unless I am misreading why DPP has imploded, how come other Social Democrats haven't caught on and tried similar approach as Denmark one of few areas they are doing well in Europe.  Yes part of it is covid bounce, but Finland has had one of the lowest COVID rates in Europe yet their social democrats are struggling despite having a young charismatic leader.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies