Live From the Pentagon (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:02:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Live From the Pentagon (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Live From the Pentagon  (Read 10031 times)
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: December 10, 2004, 04:45:40 PM »

In response to the Chinese fleet expansion, we are moving the USS Theodore Roosevelt Battle Group out of the Atlantic Fleet and into the Pacific Fleet.  The TR and the six surface warfae ships that accompanied her on her last voyage (as well as the necessary support ships) will be relocated to a permanent home in Pearl Harbor, HI, and will priamrily operate in the Western Pacific AO.

Also relocating are our four best attack sbmarines.  The USS Seawolf and USS Connecticut, both Seawolf class subs, and the USS Virginia, the first of the new Virginia class subs, will be relocated from the Atlantic Fleet base in Groton, Connecticut to our subamrine base in Guam.  They will occupy the space vacated by our much reduced balistic missile submarine fleet.  The tird move will be the move of the third and final Seawolf Class sub, the USS Jimmy Carter, this one from Bangor, ME to Guam, and will be renamed, lest our enemies presume the submarine to be as feckless as its namesake.  The rechristened USS Maine, named for its old homestate, will assume its new post in the Atlantic Fleet in February of 2005.

And the Cartoon Network turns into the news
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 04:33:21 PM »

I'd like to submit for the considertion of the Senate appropriating the funds to expand the US Army by one Division.  A recent poll by Military Times of soldiers shows the men and women in uniform believe what we've all suspected for some time: The Army is too small.  Earlier in my term, we added two Divisions to the force, but I believe we are still short.  I'd like the Senate to take up this matter when the new senate takes office.

Can't see why not.
By the way, Mr. Secretary, do you have any prediction on when we will be able to start pulling out of Iraq?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies