PA PrimD: Rasmussen: Clinton With Strong Lead in Pennsylvania (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:16:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  PA PrimD: Rasmussen: Clinton With Strong Lead in Pennsylvania (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA PrimD: Rasmussen: Clinton With Strong Lead in Pennsylvania  (Read 4713 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: March 06, 2008, 05:55:56 PM »

Rasmussen tends to overrate Obama, therefore Clinton is actually ahead by about 20% right now.

Most pollsters tend to overrate Obama.

Uh, no. Most pollsters tend to UNDERRATE him. The only states he overpolled in were California and New Hampshire. Conversely look at Wisconsin, Virginia, Maryland, Missouri...
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 06:01:33 PM »

Counting only serious polls in Ohio near the end, it was practically nailed, SUSA had Hillary up 10, PPP had her up 9. There was barely any polls from RI, the last one was Feb. 23 with Hillary up 15, below her margin but so long ago. Same deal in Vermont basically, Rasmussen had him up 24 more than a week before. Also the Rasmussen poll could've easily been accurate if the undecideds broke for Hillary.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 04:39:57 AM »

Downplay PA and make...what...Wyoming into a huge deal? Sorry but who looks silly then?

Frankly it wouldn't surprise me if Obama won more net delegates out of Wyoming than Hillary does out of Pennsylvania.

Before you laugh at that: Go take a look at the delegate numbers in Idaho and New Jersey.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 04:22:16 PM »

There weren't several polls showing Obama within single digits?

All quite a bit before the primary. It's possible he was that close then, but Hillary closed well. Impossible to say.

Right...Rasmussen was the good poll. Not like it's being trashed by Obama supporters elsewhere or anything...

The only other polls taken out of Vermont were ARG. So Rasmussen was the only somewhat credible pollster who polled Vermont at all.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 10:15:18 PM »

Rasmussen tends to overrate Obama, therefore Clinton is actually ahead by about 20% right now.

Most pollsters tend to overrate Obama.

Actually it depends on the state. Wisconsin, Alabama, South Carolina and Missouri underestimated him. Texas, New Hampshire, California overestimated him.

Texas polls didn't overestimate him. They almost nailed it, and statistically did (MoE).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies