The Hill: Tinker files to take on Cohen again, setting up racially charged prima (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:45:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  The Hill: Tinker files to take on Cohen again, setting up racially charged prima (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Hill: Tinker files to take on Cohen again, setting up racially charged prima  (Read 1978 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: June 08, 2007, 07:37:55 PM »

Whatever happened to Affirmative Action; to wanting African-Americans to have equal representation in positions of power?

I can't think of a single Democrat on this forum who argues in favor of such a thing.  By chastising Democrats for not supporting it, you seem to act as if you want affirmative action to continue, which makes me confused as you then go on to praise Republicans for doing the identical thing.  Shouldn't you be celebrating the rejection of affirmative action everywhere?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 11:53:56 PM »

If it is okay for Steve Cohen to have won election because of race (winning the Dem primary with ~30%, garnering 80% of the white vote and a fraction of the split black vote), then it should certainly okay for Nikki Tinker to win because of race.

You also didn't vote that way last election when you had a chance to put in another black Senator. Furthermore, I don't see why you would, since they mostly tend to be race-baiting jackasses, which is what racial gerrymandering is mostly to blame for. Do you actually want MORE Cynthia McKinneys and Sheila Jackson-Lees?

No, I want more J.C. Watts, Gary Franks, and Michael Steeles.  I'm no fan of Nikki Tinker, but she would fall more in line with Artur Davis or Ford Jr. himself.

Don't you think that competent representation should be a little more important than what color the representative's skin happens to be by birth?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies