Donald Trump calls for AMEXIT (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:17:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Donald Trump calls for AMEXIT (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Donald Trump calls for AMEXIT  (Read 1255 times)
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« on: June 28, 2016, 11:12:21 PM »

uh, i'm a moderate free trader here, but this story is scary for Hillary's chances, and she better be really careful.

and by careful, I mean meaningfully and credibly address the pain of working and middle class folks struggling against a rigged economy, and not carefully suck up to john kasich's/jeb bush's voters/donors.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 11:45:05 PM »

NAFTA is of course terrible. Corporations get to sue governments for regulations and environmental protections they don't like. Yet consumers can't legally buy prescription drugs from Canada. NAFTA was written 100% for the powerful elites, and 0% for the little guy.
If only real life were as simple as a Bernie stump speech.

I disagree that NAFTA is "of course terrible," as I think free trade can be very good and protectionism is often short-sighted and very bad, but I would strongly agree that in in our current system these trade agreements are written by lobbyists for lobbyists, and the results are that we get patent and regulatory situations that make zero sense from an average voter's perspective.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies