Fingerhut running for OH Governor (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 05:04:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Fingerhut running for OH Governor (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fingerhut running for OH Governor  (Read 3330 times)
RJ
« on: December 19, 2005, 12:12:27 AM »

Eric Fingerhut (D) v. George Voinovich (R); 2004 Senate Election Results:

YOU CAN DO IT ERIC

That election was quite decieving. Sure, Voinovich was very popular and was probably going to win no matter what. However, Fingerhut recieved minimal funding for his campaign. I think he lost 63-37, but that would have been a lot closer if he could have run an actual campaign and wasn't just sent out as a sacraficial lamb.

Oh, by the way, if Fingerhut appears in an statewide election again in Ohio, there won't be some stupid gay marriage amendment to throw off the vote and turn out all those right wing yahoos in this state.
RJ
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 09:50:21 AM »

Uh, I think the most important thing influencing Ohio turnout in '04 was not gay marriage--but the giant elephant that was the Ohio coordinated campaigns on both sides! And, it seems to me, that Kerry actually performed quite well in that contest in Ohio (at least when compared to his national performance) and that Fingerhut was running in a rather good year for Dems there... now, 2006 may be even better for Dems but Fingerhut's margin of defeat is, indeed, embarassing...

Gay marriage wasn't the most important thing influencing the turnout here in Ohio last year, but it sure was up there. A record number of evangelists turned out last year. Combine that with recieving minimal funds along with running against a popular 2 term former governor and you have the 26 point margin of defeat. If Fingerhut recieved adequate funds and gay marriage wasn't on the ballot, I bet he'd lose by 8-12 points instead.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies