Never owned a home? You can own a home in Detroit for $6300 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 05:57:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Never owned a home? You can own a home in Detroit for $6300 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Never owned a home? You can own a home in Detroit for $6300  (Read 3511 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: March 03, 2009, 06:14:02 PM »

From the reports I have gathered North Carolina is fairing comparatively well in the housing market. Is that a true representation, I now there has been a lot of pain in this area b/c of the housing market?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 07:40:49 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2009, 07:42:44 PM by North Carolina Yankee(RPP-NC) »

I am noticing a pattern. Everytime these places drop 50% the prices and sales start to rebound. Well the Housing market has declined nationwide 27% so we are half way there folks. It took us 2 and half years to get here. So I would say that 5 years from the peak the housing market will start going up but lets hope we don't create a second bubble. Some economist are actually saying "the economy will recover when housing does". So we are to become slaves to the housing market with 3 year booms followed by 5 to 6 years of bust. The housing market will turn upward in either 2011 or 2012. It makes sense with credit available and prices at all time lows and getting lower that people who have the credit rating will swoop in buy these homes cheaply. The best cure for the housing market is to just let it collaspe. It will bottom out at different places in different areas but its the one to sure way to solve the problem. The trouble is that solution means people will have to look elsewhere for an economic recovery cause housing won't be there like it has in the past because we relied to much on its continued success for prosperity and now the bill has come due. There must be a bubble somewhere waiting to be inflated by misguided gov't policies that will jump start a recovery. Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies